Sushi & Sodium

Options
I know it's wrong, but I periodically step on the scale during the week to ensure I'm making progress. I'm new to the program and I need to know that my hard work is paying off (I'm sure I'm not alone). Yesterday, I was down 5 pounds for the week - very exciting. Last night my husband and I went out for Sushi and this morning I'm up 4 pounds. What happened? I know soy sauce is high in sodium, but fish is supposed to be good for you - aaugh - what did I do wrong and can I fix it before my official weigh-in tomorrow?

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Soy sauce is crazy-high in sodium. Just drink lots of water and keep the sodium low today.
  • ValeriaWins
    Options
    Hi Beth, for sure it's the sodium, drink a lot of water or herbal teas, green tea...you'll be fine.
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    its not wrong to step on your scale! and i agree w/ the others.
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I know it's wrong, but I periodically step on the scale during the week to ensure I'm making progress.

LOL don't feel bad. I'm one of those neurotic daily weighers and the only way I can stop is if I put the battery and the scale in two different places (maybe I replaced lack of eating control with lack of scale control?! lol)

Anyway, yes, definitely definitely definitely, the sodium!! Drink a ton of water and keep your sodium as low as you can today.