Hello Friends... from PA

Options
I wanted to say hello to everyone. I just joined the site to keep track of my caloric intake and execise regimens.

If anyone needs help with anything or has any fitness questions, I would be happy to help you. I am a former NCAA Division II Track and Field standout, then turned assistant coach. I log around 15-20 miles of running a week and weight train at least 3 days per week. I love it!

Exercise is an addiction...

Cheers!
Jeff

Replies

• jeffro52
    Options
    I wanted to say hello to everyone. I just joined the site to keep track of my caloric intake and execise regimens.

If anyone needs help with anything or has any fitness questions, I would be happy to help you. I am a former NCAA Division II Track and Field standout, then turned assistant coach. I log around 15-20 miles of running a week and weight train at least 3 days per week. I love it!

Exercise is an addiction...

Cheers!
    Jeff
  • sanlin20
    sanlin20 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi Jeff:
    Welcome to MFP.

What is the optimum combination of exercise and diet that will increase muscle mass without gaining fat as well?

Thanks in advance,
    San
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Wow that sounds quite impressive. Welcome we are glad you have joined. I am not much of a runner but I do walk. Running has always been hard on my back and heels. But perhaps someday I will try it again. Thanks for offering your expertise I am sure you will hear questions.

Welcome and best of luck with your goals.

Eve
    :drinker:
  • jeffro52
    Options
    Hi Jeff:
    Welcome to MFP.

What is the optimum combination of exercise and diet that will increase muscle mass without gaining fat as well?

Thanks in advance,
    San

Thats a pretty general question. After perusing some of your posts, you seem pretty knowledgeable in this respective area. If you really need an answer to this question, I would direct you to a personal trainer. They will be able to help you build a personalized plan, monitor your progress, and advise you on a more individual level. These message boards just won't be able to do all of that. I hope that helps. Have a nice day!

Cheers!
    Jeff
  • sanlin20
    sanlin20 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi Jeff:
    I don't presently have a personal trainer since my trainer moved to another city a few months ago. Therefore, I am experimenting on my own to get a proper weight (muscle) gain. At first, I thought just custom-setting 500 calories above Calories Burned From Normal Daily Activity for nutritional goal, combined with 2-days/week of cardio and 2-days/week of weight training would increase my muscle mass. Was I surprised a few weeks later to find out that my body fat was also growing along, almost 1:1 with increased muscle mass! Now, I still maintain my exercise schedule, but with reduced caloric intake. I was wondering if you had a proven recipe for this kind of situation.

Thanks for your reply, and again, welcome to MFP.