Getting myself on the scale...

Options
I have always been afraid of the scale... Or rather, afraid that what I was going to see would really upset me and then I'd feel bad about myself... SO, I went 4 years without weighing. The first two I lost a ton of weight, then I had a few life changes, and boom, 2 years later I gained a bunch of weight back that I'm now trying to lose. ANYWAY, I started weighing myself when I went to a dietitian to start my fitness plan, then I switched to using only MFP and need to be responsible for weighing myself-- and I haven't done it once and it has been about 4 weeks. Help! How do I get myself on the scale?

Replies

• judswi
    judswi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I make myself get on the scale everyday it keeps me on track and accountable of what I eat.
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    One foot at a time! :laugh: :wink:

Honestly if the scale bothers you, go by other forms of measurement. Get a tape measurer and get your numbers. Do this once a week or once every two weeks. you will see your results in a way that the scale can't always show you.

A scale is a cruel thing some times, a huge place of stress and can cause a lot of people to give up because it just won't budge. If you're not tied to the scale, then don't be! Use how you look and feel as your real guideposts. You said you did it before wthout a scale, you can do it again!:flowerforyou:
  • Noz7
    Noz7 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    :)

so funny:)

I don't take any single one of my measurements seriously! There is so much variation depending on what you've got left in your gut, water levels etc.
    So I weigh myself whenever I can be bothered in the mornings, after a pee, before a drink.

Don't stress the small stuff... and any single measurement is the small stuff.

I like to look at the graph of my weight, if it shows a good slow trend down... I'm happy!
  • ddibble
    ddibble Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Talk to yourself and agree that the way you feel and the way your clothes fit are WAY MORE important than what a set of scales say! People don't ask you how much you weigh. The only people that need to know your weight is your doctor and you! How you look in clothes is more public than the scales. So if it's a number that scares you, keep it only as one measurement. I care more that I'm smaller around the waist than I have been! That's what people notice. And a smaller waist measurement is what your heart notices as well!
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Can you get someone like a family member or really close friend to write your weight down every week, and you not even look at the scale? if you're really not happy knowing your weight (I think that's ok actually) but want it tracked that would be the best way. Maybe someone at a gym would do it. Otherwise I would suggest just taking measurements and forgetting about weight altogether until you feel happy enough that you are progressing. By that stage hopefully you will feel good enough about yourself to get on the scale.
    In the end I expect the most important thing for a lot of us is how we look and feel, not the actual number, so if you can find a way of measuring yourself and your progress without a scale, more power to you. If you are very honest with tracking exercise and calories on MFP then you can pretty much guarantee you will be getting results whether or not you have numbers to tell you so.
  • LetsDoThis103
    Options
    Thanks!
  • summerfun21
    Options
    In the words of Nike "Just Do It".

And I know you can:smile: