Any good breakfast recipes?

Options

Replies

• hiba_b
    hiba_b Posts: 20
    Options
    Ok so I made Nutella crepes with banana slice. About 150 cal. They where really good, nut filling enough. Next time I'll take the advice given and stick with protien :)
  • jpw430
    jpw430 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Here's some of the breakfasts I eat. :drinker: I just rotate through them throughout the week.,This way I don't get bored. :yawn:

FRUIT-YOGURT CRUNCH
    FRUITY COTTAGE CHEESE

Thanks to PoeRaven (Jan). Love the breakfast rotation idea and recipes. All sound good - and easy to prepare. Too often I miss breakfast, and when I do I have my worst days. These will make it easy for me to have a filling breakfast that sustains.
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    1/2 c plain greek yogurt, nonfat
    5 strawberries, sliced
    1 TB flaxseed meal
    1 tsp honey

Mix and enjoy.
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Here's some of the breakfasts I eat. :drinker: I just rotate through them throughout the week.,This way I don't get bored. :yawn:

FRUIT-YOGURT CRUNCH
    FRUITY COTTAGE CHEESE

Thanks to PoeRaven (Jan). Love the breakfast rotation idea and recipes. All sound good - and easy to prepare. Too often I miss breakfast, and when I do I have my worst days. These will make it easy for me to have a filling breakfast that sustains.

Glad you like my simple little breakfasts! The good news about a few of these is you can mix them up the night before. I actually like mixing my yogurt and fruit or cottage cheese and fruit ahead of time, it seems to just taste better.

Jan
  • springer32
    springer32 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Where do you find the exercise ticker?
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I love making 1 egg (Don't care for just egg whites), a dash of skim milk, and pepper, 1/2 a piece of cheddar or whatever is your fav kind of cheese, along with one of those thomas's bagels that are around 100 calories on the side with some brommel and brown.
    I also like to make low fat french toast- with 1 egg, 2 slices of light wheat/whole grain bread, dash of skim milk, and cinnamon, and I make it with a spritz of olive oil and use 1/2 tbsp of syrup
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I love making 1 egg (Don't care for just egg whites), a dash of skim milk, and pepper, 1/2 a piece of cheddar or whatever is your fav kind of cheese, along with one of those thomas's bagels that are around 100 calories on the side with some brommel and brown.
    I also like to make low fat french toast- with 1 egg, 2 slices of light wheat/whole grain bread, dash of skim milk, and cinnamon, and I make it with a spritz of olive oil and use 1/2 tbsp of syrup
  • hiba_b
    hiba_b Posts: 20
    Options
    Where do you find the exercise ticker?

Under the tools tab
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup oatmeal, with milk (or water) , 1 tsp cinnamon, 10 raisins, ground flax seed, (Have added some honey, or honeynut cheerios) ;
    and a poached egg
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I do an egg, shredded hashbrowns, bisquick, cheese, turkey sausage, cheese, onions, bell peppers casserole thing. Takes 10 min to prepare and 40min to cook. One serving is 250-300 calories. SO FILLING! Message me if you want more details.
  • peepocheck
    peepocheck Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I see where you have whole flaxseed listed as an ingredient. Did you know that the whole flaxseed only passes thru....the body can't break down the outer coating. (per Dr. Oz) I use the ground flaxseed or grind it in the coffee grinder. Just some information I thought I'd pass on.
  • nanny_mc
    nanny_mc Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    bumping for breakfast ideas
  • liveinbliss
    liveinbliss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I posted a recipe for whole wheat pumpkin protein pancakes today. You can make them on the weekend and freeze them! Just pop in the toaster oven to reheat for busy week days!
  • pbaker8307
    pbaker8307 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Bump for ideas later...breakfast can be so boring :
  • missmollyxx
    Options
    I have Yogurt Parfait, you can use any low calorie yogurt i use Tesco light Greek yogurt, i mix in some squashed raspberrys and and some dices strawberrys then crush some kelloggs start cereal on the top. all this for 83 kcal :-) Yum x
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Try an egg and cheese sandwhich

2 slices whole grain bread
    1 slice Kraft American cheese
    1 egg white or whole egg omelette
    1 tbsp salsa

Toast the bread, cook the omelette, and put everything together. And Voila :)
  • mandysjourney
    mandysjourney Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    i normally do porrige with milk and honey or museli but love some of these ideas. Think I will try an omelette one day this week and have to buy some cottage cheese too
  • ebjax
    ebjax Posts: 8
    Options
    Make a poached egg, while the water boils, wash some fresh spinach, wilt the damp spinach in a skillet. Serve the egg over the spinach. The egg yolk makes a nice sauce. I like to serve it on a piece of wheat toast smeared with a tsp or so of light cream cheese Dee-licious.
  • jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    One that I enjoy is 2 cage free eggs, 1/4 cup of all whites I first sautee baby bella mushrooms, fresh deli turkey, spinach in a tablespoon of olive oil then add my egg mixture to it.. while that is cooking together I add either goat cheese or feta to it. It is pretty amazing.

Fish omelets are great also! Dont knock it til you try it. =0)
  • vanb0052
    vanb0052 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bump