MFP Runner's Club August 1

Options
kechiemc
kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
Good morning :flowerforyou:

I ran 3 miles this morning. Boy was it HUMID.

Enjoy the day
-Kechie.

Replies

• kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning :flowerforyou:

I ran 3 miles this morning. Boy was it HUMID.

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

I didn't do anything - my mother's visit seriously affecting my workouts!! I was at work at 7:30am today just to escape the house! :grumble:

I am looking forward to my 9 miles tomorrow am though - should still be mild at 6am.

I have a crazy hectic day today - so if I don't get another chance - have a great weekend everyone!!

A special CHEER for those running races this weekend, I can only think of one member right now.....
    19.gif19.gif19.gif19.gif

Run, Run, Run!!!

Tricia
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I got my husband out of bed to run this morning. It was a short run for me, but a great run for him. I'm so proud of him!! He knows what I got throught to get up early every morning!!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    OK I slacked for 2 days. Well, ok not really, because I pitched 7 innings on Wednesday and that burns about 700 or 800 calories, but I didn't run yesterday cuz I was sore, but anyway, today I'm gonna run 5 miles at a light pace, then tomorrow I'll run a 5K at a hard pace, then monday I'll interval, then tuesday I'll run hard again, then wednesday, a very light run in preperation for my race on thursday. That's the plan at least. We'll see how I do. :tongue:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    No run {again :ohwell: } for me today, but plan on getting my 13 in tomorrow.

Happy Friday, all! :heart: :drinker:
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    Rest day for me! I'm super duper sore after SEAL traning yesterday!
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

I'm going to do weight lifting and elliptical (3 miles) at the gym again today.
    I get to watch my daughter's band perform tomorrow night, then I'm going to my niece's wedding on Sunday, so I'm excited about the weekend.

Have a happy and restful weekend everyone. Good luck for any of you racers. :drinker:
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I am still benched with a hurt knee. Am going in to the running store today to talk with them about a brace. Really missing those endorphins though :smile: and a liitle afraid of losing all the progress I have made. :frown: Anyone else working through injury?
    bunny
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Options
    I plan to run what I hope will be my first 5 miles today. And I have eaten a lot of nuts so I think I will have plenty of energy to make the run!

This will be the first time I have ever tried to go 5 miles. I'll report in how it goes!
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    I plan to run what I hope will be my first 5 miles today. And I have eaten a lot of nuts so I think I will have plenty of energy to make the run!

This will be the first time I have ever tried to go 5 miles. I'll report in how it goes!

GOOD LUCK!! You will do great!! Can't wait to hear how you did!!
  • banks1850
    Options

Well good luck to you Mlillie! Wait, why did you eat a bunch of nuts? :huh:
  • pmkelly409
    Options

Well good luck to you Mlillie! Wait, why did you eat a bunch of nuts? :huh:

Banks, I am glad you asked this, I was just about to reply to Mlillie as well.

M - Choose something high in carbohydrates and lower in fat, fiber, and protein. Some examples of good pre-workout fuel include: a bagel with peanut butter; a banana and an energy bar; or a bowl of cold cereal with a cup of milk. Stay away from rich, very fatty, or high-fiber foods, as they may cause gastrointestinal distress.

2-3 hours before running eat a high carbs or a energy bar. Within 1 hour after eating high protein with a carb. Nuts are fat and small amount of protein....
  • runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I took today off from running. I did 35 minutes on the Elliptical and about 45 minutes of circuit training.
  • runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I took today off from running. I did 35 minutes on the Elliptical and about 45 minutes of circuit training.
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Options
    yeah I messed up today and didnt have lunch and instead mindlessly ate a bunch of sunflower seeds so I was not too happy about it. I didnt plan them for fuel.

But i am trying to walk around a lot at work so I feel lighter before I run. It was a BIG mistake on my part. Thanks for the foods tips for the future though. I really appreciate it.
    I think I will have a few sugar snap peas before the run. And a lot of water!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    wow guys!!! nice job!!

I'm sooo wiped! I just ran 3 miles in the blazing heat....(note to self no more running at midday) and I was pushing my bubba in his jogger, up those darn hills ugh....then I walked for another mile as I gasped and sweated to cool down LOL....

I'm very happy its over I tell you that!! lol

thanks so much to you all, you have no idea how you all motivate me I tell ya...wow!

hugs!
    Ali :drinker:
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    wow guys!!! nice job!!

I'm sooo wiped! I just ran 3 miles in the blazing heat....(note to self no more running at midday) and I was pushing my bubba in his jogger, up those darn hills ugh....then I walked for another mile as I gasped and sweated to cool down LOL....

thanks so much to you all, you have no idea how you all motivate me I tell ya...wow!

hugs!

Well good for you for getting out there!! At least you are doing something - not like my slack butt!

DRINK LOTS OF WATER!! :drinker:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    wow guys!!! nice job!!

hugs!

Well good for you for getting out there!! At least you are doing something - not like my slack butt!

DRINK LOTS OF WATER!! :drinker:

aw thanks Trish but you are the good one....last two weeks I've been ms. slacker!!!:ohwell: ...hey it happens right??? lol....big hugs!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I'm back home. :sad:
    Apart from almost dying on my 8 miles run and terrified of being attack by a huge dog on my 5 miles, I had a great vacation visiting my family. If my girls weren't so home sick, I would have stayed longer. Unfortunately, I only got 2 runs in and my eating was not so good :blushing but I'm home now and back to the old routine. :indifferent:

I missed you guys and I look forward to reading all your posts!

Shannon, thanks for thinking of me girl! :flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    Options
    well, my light 5 mile run today turned into a hard 5 mile run. WHY CAN'T I TAKE IT EASY EVER???!!!
    I did it in 40 minutes and some odd seconds. Now my timed 5K tomorrow is gonna suck.

IDIOT!!!