Having a crappy Friday Morning! Need Help!

Options
OK, so when I moved to Richmond VA from Denver CO 3 months ago I decided I was finally gonna lose the last 15 pounds or so of 3 year old baby weight. I started off just running. 1 mile 3-4 times per week. I started to lose inches (not so much pounds) and was very pleased. However 1 mile wasnt enough! So i up'd it to 3 miles 3 times per week! I also take a 1 hour yoga class on Wednesdays at my fitness center. After trying that i decided to try more classes that they offer. So now I attend a boot camp class every Tues and Thurs. This class kicks my butt! It is an advanced high intense cardio/strength training class. I sweat bullets for the ENTIRE hour!! It really is great! So since July 1st this has been my workout schedule: Monday & Friday-Run 3 miles---Tues & Thurs-Bootcamp---Wednesday Run 3 miles & Yoga---Typically I take the weekends off (sometimes i get an urge to run on Sundays)

On top of that since starting with this website also at the beginning of July I count calories too! 1200 per day! I have been very consistent (again except for the weekends wink) I also on July 1 st started taking Hydroxycut! (Maybe this is my problem)

So my question is this...my jeans are so tight on the legs lately!! What is the deal?? I saw more results by simply running a mere 3 miles per week! i am so frustrated about it!! Is it all the damn squats and lunges from bootcamp? IDK...so confused!

I feel like giving up! I even got to the point where pounds didnt mean much to me...i weigh 135 and am honestly ok with it> however i want to be tight and fit. Get rid of the gut, muffin top and flabby legs. My legs and butt have always been "bigger" than my waist. But now fat!! Now i am squeezing into the jeans that fit fine even before I started working out!! Is it muscle?

Will it go away? Am I working out too much (5-6 times per week) HELP!!!! mad

Replies

• lnjwilliams1432
    Options
    OK, so when I moved to Richmond VA from Denver CO 3 months ago I decided I was finally gonna lose the last 15 pounds or so of 3 year old baby weight. I started off just running. 1 mile 3-4 times per week. I started to lose inches (not so much pounds) and was very pleased. However 1 mile wasnt enough! So i up'd it to 3 miles 3 times per week! I also take a 1 hour yoga class on Wednesdays at my fitness center. After trying that i decided to try more classes that they offer. So now I attend a boot camp class every Tues and Thurs. This class kicks my butt! It is an advanced high intense cardio/strength training class. I sweat bullets for the ENTIRE hour!! It really is great! So since July 1st this has been my workout schedule: Monday & Friday-Run 3 miles---Tues & Thurs-Bootcamp---Wednesday Run 3 miles & Yoga---Typically I take the weekends off (sometimes i get an urge to run on Sundays)

On top of that since starting with this website also at the beginning of July I count calories too! 1200 per day! I have been very consistent (again except for the weekends wink) I also on July 1 st started taking Hydroxycut! (Maybe this is my problem)

So my question is this...my jeans are so tight on the legs lately!! What is the deal?? I saw more results by simply running a mere 3 miles per week! i am so frustrated about it!! Is it all the damn squats and lunges from bootcamp? IDK...so confused!

I feel like giving up! I even got to the point where pounds didnt mean much to me...i weigh 135 and am honestly ok with it> however i want to be tight and fit. Get rid of the gut, muffin top and flabby legs. My legs and butt have always been "bigger" than my waist. But now fat!! Now i am squeezing into the jeans that fit fine even before I started working out!! Is it muscle?

Will it go away? Am I working out too much (5-6 times per week) HELP!!!! mad
  • Reesy
    Reesy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hello to a fellow Virginian- even though you moved here. I'm in Norfolk, Virginia.

Have you ever seen those fit models on the cover of Oxygen and Muscle Fit Hers? I would kill for one of their bodies, well guess what. They did an article recently about how hard it is for these women to find jeans that fit their bodies, because they have nice booties, bigger calves and thighs than what some jean makers allow for. Now again, I say none of these women are fat in anyway, even they have issues with jeans.

Personally, jeans are great but sometimes they are evil and most be destroyed. :explode:

You did say much about what your inches are doing. But it is common to go up in size while building muscle before the fat starts to drop off.

It could be temporary or not. You really need to judge by if you are getting smaller overall, if so, then you know it's not you....it's the freaking pants that are not made to accommodate your more fit body.
  • VanessaC
    VanessaC Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about your workout routine. It sounds great to me. And I don't know if it has anything to do with the way your pants are fitting now but I wouldn't take the Hydroxycut anymore if I were you. I tried it for a few months about 5 years ago. It was not a good thing for my body. It made me moody and I didn't even see any results. I feel like this website has given me a desire to be an overall healthier person and (just my opinion) I don't think those pills are part of a healthy lifestyle. But again I say great job on the workout routine. I admire your dedication and am striving to exercise that much too but am still struggling to get in that much. Good luck and sorry I couldn't really help much with your actual question.
  • Dmprbst
    Dmprbst Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Well I'm no expert but it sounds like you seem to be gaining muscle in your legs....maybe tone down the lunges and see what happens:tongue: When I actually was a work out aholic (before I had a child) My arms and shoulders did the same thing. I would fit in to my shirts and seemed liked everything was a little tight just around there, so I stopped focusing on my back/shoulders and arms so much.
    Running tones your legs pretty nicely as well. Hope my running tones my legs:wink:
  • EllaBella
    EllaBella Posts: 140
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories? Is your body getting a day of healing after working on the same muscle groups. Ex: running exercises leg muscles--does your boot camp also work on same leg muscles? Yoga?
  • lnjwilliams1432
    Options
    Reesy~ VA is really nice I am really getting adjusted to it! I wish i lived where you are! :laugh: As far as my inches go, i cant really say for sure because i dont measure!! Maybe i should huh? I guess I should start doing that! And the jean comment...i agree but i LOVE denim!! :heart:

Vanessa C~ Thanks!! I am gonna stop taking them today!! I agree, no results and if there are some than its probably from working out!!

Dmprbst~ I will try that thanks!!
  • lnjwilliams1432
    Options
    No I dont always consume all of my calories. I will end the day under sometimes especially on bootcamp days. Sometimes i will have like 300 remaining!

Yea bootcamp is huge on legs!! Im talking lunges with a 12 lb bar, full basketball court lengths 2x...and lots and lots of squats!! Yoga...gets me through the week, i thought that yoga would help thin my legs out since its a lot of stretching! ?????????
  • mamakitty
    mamakitty Posts: 249
    Options
    It is very frustrating but stick to it.

I have always had very muscular legs, especially my quads (someone called me quadzilla, ha ha). My legs are the first to get toned when I take a break and return to exercise. I have the same problem with pants. My pants may fit around the waist but are tight in the thighs.
    Also read the post under nutrition from Banks: For those confused or questioning "Eating your exercise calories"
    It really helped me understand a lot more.
    Good luck.
    MK
  • EllaBella
    EllaBella Posts: 140
    Options
    I don't know anything about yoga, but running keeps muscle tone, so if you think you have enough muscle, then maybe cut back on the boot camp workouts--they sound like muscle building instead of toning. I am definitely not an expert on this at all:wink: take it for what it is worth:smile: