Anyone here because of the switch to points plus?

Options
Just curious to know if anyone is here because they ditched ww after they introduced points plus because it didn't work?
I am....

Replies

• RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I am not on it, my daughter is, what happened?? Why do you think it didn't work? She has lost weight... is it too restrictive??
  • cahira
    cahira Posts: 163
    Options
    I am. I hated it! It didn't work for me at all. My friend though is having great success with it - but I think she undereats her points on a regular basis.
  • kp1028
    kp1028 Posts: 2
    Options
    YES!!!! I was on the old WW and it worked great but with the new one I gained weight!! They didn't conform it (in my opinion) to people's age and metabolic rate.
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    I tried the PointsPlus and ditched it. Not because it doesn't work, it just didn't work for me. I just couldn't get the hang of it after doing Momentum for so long. I lost weight on WW twice before so I know their program works, the new way just didn't work for me though.
  • suntanann
    Options
    I talked to my doctor about it becasue I actually gained weight....unlike jennifer hudson...lol
    my doctor said its better to count calories on everything, including fruits and veggies. I was eating a ton of fruits and vegiies and he said for some people they need to be counted. I find this is better for me!
  • SoonToBeNewTracey
    Options
    Personally I think that WW give too much freedom now! I have been using MFP pretty consistently since January and have lost more weight than I would have on WW. The key is to make heathly choices, and portion control. In addition, exercise is a MUST.
    I have tried everything out there, and this has worked better than anything else. No tricks, no fads, no "diets". Just logging in what I eat has been one of the biggest helps of all! You don't always realize how much a meal "costs" and once you do, you may decide that it's not worth it. I save those things for special occasions now.
    Good luck to you!!!
  • suntanann
    Options
    my friend is losing too and eating an average of 23 points a day...not enough in my opinion
  • RyonsLions2
    Options
    Very true on the fruits and veggies. I have to count every single piece of food and drink that I eat. I hate that but its the way it is I guess!
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    It seems to work well for people who weren't already on ww or the people who were using their points for alot of processed foods. I was already eating whole foods 100% of the time and I got more points but the points on my foods didn't go up. I didn't gain but I stalled.

I do think the new plan is good in that it focusses on eating whole foods more.
  • RyonsLions2
    Options
    Yes, whole foods are best!
  • RyonsLions2
    Options
    Can anyone tell me how to post a message??? I don't know how to do this to get my question out there
  • mrscone
    mrscone Posts: 17
    Options
    I got totally frustrated after about two minutes with the points plus and the whole weight watchers system. Then I found MFP and have loved it and feel very in control of myself. I know exactly what I am eating is worth and how my exercise will impact it. I take every day as it comes, no borrowing, this isn't a credit card you know!
  • Amie_46
    Amie_46 Posts: 60
    Options
    I am here because of the switch.
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I stopped doing weight watchers because they are constantly changing the way things are done. I still am doing the old way of weight watchers in my head every time I eat something, because I went down to a normal weight on the previous weight watcher plan and only gained back the weight because I stopped following the plan. My fault not theres.
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me how to post a message??? I don't know how to do this to get my question out there

Go to the section relevant to the question you want to ask ie food/nutrition or Introduce yourself etc...and look for green button to top right.."Post Topic" click this and away you go!
  • tiggy73
    tiggy73 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I know people who have had success using WW, and I've even considered joining myself, but I just couldn't justify paying $10 or so per week. That's as much as most gym memberships. Plus, it seems kind of complicated and a lot of hassle to figure up points.

I'm so glad I found about this site, and best of all it's FREE!! Good luck to you!
  • Denita
    Denita Posts: 28
    Options
    love mrscone's post. amen sister!! :happy:
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Did WW once, but that was a long time ago and didn't do it long. I looked into it recently, but it didn't make sense to me with the points system and some things being free, nothing is free besides water. If it has calories, it needs to be counted.
  • BlueLikeJazz
    BlueLikeJazz Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I stopped doing weight watchers because they are constantly changing the way things are done....

^^This is what I find aggravating. They get you to pay your monthly fee if you're doing WW online or in-person and then every couple years they overhaul the program so now you also have to fork out more cash to buy new materials (cookbooks, Points sliders, Points calculators, etc.) if you want to stay current. I do think the new change was a step in the right direction in that it encourages more whole foods. When I did WW 7 years ago as a teenager, before I knew much of anything about nutrition, I ate tons of processed "diet" foods because they were low-Point. So it's good they're taking nutrition into account. But the fact that they do this every couple years just to fatten their wallets gets obnoxious, especially when there's a great place like MFP that is just as effective, if not more so.
  • LORR79
    LORR79 Posts: 55
    Options
    I am!

I lost weigh with the old system where you counted fruit but not propoints as its called in the UK. I also found there were foods I couldnt work out the points of easily because they only gave nutrional info for 100g so couldnt grab something on the go whereas most food here contain the cals and sat fat on the front of the packaging so with the old system it was easy to work out.

Counting calories is so much easier and cheaper :happy: