Anyone here only want to lose 5-10 pounds?

Options
I'm just curious. I'm not over weight but I have gained weight so I only want to lose a little before summer. Also, I mostly want to just be healthy and gain strength, flexibility, and stamina. Anyone on MFP for the same reason?

Replies

• mgreen10
    mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Same here...My goal is losing 12.5 pounds. I am about 4 pounds down right now :)
  • its_betty
    its_betty Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose about 10 (possibly 15: I'll see when I get there!). With less to lose, it's slow going. I also don't want to set my calories to 1200--I know many women do that, but it is not enough food for me. So I'm set to lose .5 lb/week.

Good luck! You can do it!
  • Gemblescamp
    Options
    Hi, yeah i am on here for the same reason! To loose 5 pounds before the summer season begins have several wedding invites and want to be looking my best in those summer dresses!!MFP just makes me focus on exactly what i am eating and my fitness regime!:smile:
  • alexia_faith
    alexia_faith Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ditto

I know ive only got to lose like 10 - 13lbs to be at my ideal (or what the Dr says I ought to be)

Its slow going tho .... the first 6 lbs dropped and ive been plateued for almost 2 weeks despite my cal intake being under 1200 net per day!

Irksome

*positive face* tho .....

Just need to get toned and trim :)
  • Drlvlolvl
    Options
    Hi, just joined. I want the same as you....about 10 pounds, maybe 12. Figure it will be a slow process since I don't have alot to loose. I am doing cardio and next week putting in strength training at the gym with a friend. How about you? I will be 57 this year, so this may be harder than I think but do not want to be a frumpy 50! Good luck with it all.! :happy:
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I lost about 20 lbs total already :] but im looking for 10 more lbs then start to work on mah muscle ;D
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I had 20 to lose,now I have 5 left. Trying to focus on toning.
  • Kimberly0829
    Options
    I have had more to loose, but now am down to my last 5. ANd I have plateu all week. but am finally down a half a pound
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have about 10 left to lose after losing 70,and its a pain! So hard to lose the last little bit b/c what I have done so far to lose weight is not working now.
  • MommaToFour
    MommaToFour Posts: 106
    Options
    I'd be happy with just a 5 lb. weight loss. I'm more interested in toning. I'm waiting on warmer weather to hit so I can do some running/jogging....kick *kitten* bike riding...and play some tennis. Our weight gym is in the garage which isn't heated so I plan on hitting that soon, as well! I've given up the dreadmill since winter is over and am so ready to hit the outdoors!!!
  • FitToFab
    FitToFab Posts: 47
    Options
    Yea me too! Im fit but just want some weight gone...add me!
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Me \0/ ! LOL I need to lose 5-7 more lbs. It's taking forever. I am adding strength training and doing Turbo Fire. I am not so much worried about the actual scale weight as I am concerned about losing fat lbs.
  • misslyssx
    misslyssx Posts: 87
    Options
    Wow I am gald a lot of people have similar goals as I do, feel free to add me. Good luck to all of you that are on your last few pounds to lose; that will prove difficult. And good luck as well to the girls who just want to tone up a bit!
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I have 4 more lbs that I want to lose to be at my goal weight of 108lbs and I have to do it by mid May. This week was a diet disaster, because of a birthday and we just blew it off for the week. So today, we're back on hard core! I'm going to kick this 4lbs butt!!!
  • tellybelle
    tellybelle Posts: 144
    Options
    I am trying to lose my last five now. I just joined MFP about a week or two ago and have learned so much about making this a lifestyle and doing things in a healthy way. Hope you enjoy it too! Good luck! The support here is great ;)
  • masonsmomma
    masonsmomma Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is between 100-105 pounds and I am 112 pounds right now so at least 7 more pounds for me to lose :) good luck on reaching your goal weight! I will add u as a friend :)
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    yep me too! it's been tough for me though!
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I started wanting to lose between 15 and 20 pounds. I've lost 17 as of today, but now I'm more interested in toning and slowly losing the last few. It's difficult though.
  • naturallisista
    Options
    I do! But I don't really tell anybody since some people seem to think I'm already skinny as a twig (even though my body shape is a top hourglass); I just want a flatter stomach, is that so wrong?! :ohwell: