Lost weight fast??

Options
Was wondering, if your body isn't use to having the weight on..say post pregnancy weight. Is it pretty typical it comes off fast?? I have platued this week but lost 19 in a month. I also have had hyperthyriodism issues as a post pregnancy symptom my body gets with each pregnancy, last time my weight melted away by doing nothing, this time I had no weight lost but was really sick. I finally started feeling like my thyriod was better and have been working out HARD. I also have cut out cake, candy and ice cream for lent. I have only been eatting "clean" unprocessed food. I also went from ONLY drinking diet mt. dew to know the last 5 days ZERO pop only water. My other friend has been having the same results from her pregnancy weight and she was hypo thryiod. I am just curious if this is something typical. Cause I have heard your body will easily go to the weight it wants to be.

Replies

• corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I did nothing (but breast feed) and lost 20 pounds in 2 weeks...but that was only 2 or 3 weeks after birth, How old is your baby?
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    water is 1/3 of peoples weight loss, a lot more people would lose tons if they would just drink more
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    depends on the woman. MANY women, don't do a think and lose up to 40 lbs in a month post pregnancy. Wish I was one. I lost only 10 lbs after each of my sons, and GAINED 30 lbs **AFTER** giving birth to my daughter WHILE breastfeeding.
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I guess I should tell you that I also ended up gaining all of it back, I started on the depo shot and gained 35 pounds...it was AWFUL! I am down 16 now but man if I could go back in time I wouldve never gotten on depo! Are you on any form of bc? That may be a reason that you plateaud. Also what are you taking for your thyroid? I am in the same boat and instead of the medicines I am taking D3-5000 and kelp tablets.
  • Kimberly0829
    Options
    My daughter is almost one now. I unfortunatly was forced to stop breastfeeding cold turkey for health reasons when she was 3months.
  • Kimberly0829
    Options
    I also have been on a IUD for the last 9months. So I am hoping birth control won't make me gain. I am currently on no thyriod medicine. I usually only have to be on it breifly after my pregnancy and then my condition goes away and my thyroid goes back to normal. I woudl be way interested in hearing your natural medication you take for your thyriod for the future. One of my best friends is going to school to be a homeopath and I will be seeing her often.
  • catherinepotter
    Options
    No pop!!? Awesome!