Exercise ball!

Options
This may sound unreal but sitting on an exercise ball adn just rolling around in circles while on the computer helps with your posture as well as helps your abs tone!!!! my brother has been doing it for a year now (as he is a computer genious and that is his job) and he has lost inches upon inches!!

Replies

• mamaorvis
    Options
    This may sound unreal but sitting on an exercise ball adn just rolling around in circles while on the computer helps with your posture as well as helps your abs tone!!!! my brother has been doing it for a year now (as he is a computer genious and that is his job) and he has lost inches upon inches!!
  • mamaorvis
    Options
    get rid of the chair!!!! lol!!!
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Wow, I may have to try that one. Hope you are right. Too bad, I can't bring it to work lol
  • shashod
    shashod Posts: 103
    Options
    I wonder what my colleagues would say if I swaped my chair for my exercise ball, it would be a talking point and bound to make the day go faster :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Here is a story about that...

I used to sit on a ball at home at my desk, working and or watching tv. Well my cat Sadie would, sometimes jump on my lap and look for some lov'in. All this was ok....until

She desided to walk around my waist (while I was sitting)... she walked onto the ball, prepared to jump off.... causing her back claws to extend....

Yup! You guessed it ** POP** Once LOUD bang later, I am flat on my back and she was on the other side of the house, hiding under my bed....

I have yet to get another exercise ball... it might be too traumatic for her~
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    LOL...

i too sit on my exercise ball at work..and love it!

ive been on it for about 4 months now, and i have had no desire to go back to my chair! I use it for an excess of 8 hours a day, and it is so much better than a chair! My back has gotten stronger too!

oh yea..apparently my ball is 'burst proof' so hopefully i wont end up on the floor!
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    you are so smart ms. orvis!!!!! glad to see you join, if youare at your sisters next week, let me know and we'll have some calorie free beers.... lol - Heather
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I was just shopping for a new desk chair for the apartment the other day...may just have to go get me an exercise ball instead!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    i highly recommend it! i drag mine all around the house with me!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Here is a story about that...

I used to sit on a ball at home at my desk, working and or watching tv. Well my cat Sadie would, sometimes jump on my lap and look for some lov'in. All this was ok....until

She desided to walk around my waist (while I was sitting)... she walked onto the ball, prepared to jump off.... causing her back claws to extend....

Yup! You guessed it ** POP** Once LOUD bang later, I am flat on my back and she was on the other side of the house, hiding under my bed....

I have yet to get another exercise ball... it might be too traumatic for her~

That's hilarious!! My cat popped mine too. In the middle of the night. Scared the poop right out of me! as it was in my bedroom at the time. I didn't see him for a couple of days after that though :laugh: Not really - but he sure was skittish for awhile :tongue: