Iron Gym extenders for wide door frames...HELP!

Options
reepobob
reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
I will be entering phase 3 of P90X lean in a little over a week. During the third phase there are a lot of routines where you do pullups. I will be on the road in a hotel for the majority of the third phase. I bought an Iron Gym door frame pull up bar and the bathroom door of the hotel is an inch or two wider than the door frame braces of the Iron Gym. Their website sucks in terms of finding any extenders to buy me an inch or two of width. Do extenders even exist for this thing? And if so, where in the hell do I find them? I have been all over the internet and I have come up with zilch.

I figured if anybody knew, the masses at MFP would...thanks in advance!

Replies

• mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    The iron gym is awesome but lacks support for extensions. The only ones i know of are the Creative Gym pull up bars.

These are the extensions:
    http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Fitness-Door-Extension-Bars/dp/B0002ZDINO/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1302367938&sr=1-1

I don't think they will fit on the Iron Gym. I used to have this set however and I loved it. I made my own now since I don't travel very much. If you look at the buy all three, that should easily suit your needs though.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Thanks...I saw that as well when looking. I was hoping to avoid buying another door frame pull up bar. I already have a power tower in my basement, so the Iron Gym is worthless at home and on the road and I will be on the road quite a lot over the next few months. Boy, mama ain't gonna be happy when I pony up more dough...