Will lowering my goal make me put on weight?

Options
Hey everyone,

I have 18lbs to lose after giving birth 2 and a half months ago. My goal is set on lose 2lbs a week so I'm eating 1200 cals or more if I exercise.

I haven't dropped any numbers on the scales, but have measured myself & have lost inches on my body. Most days I'm fine sticking to 1200 cals but some days I find it hard & feel hungry all the time!

So will lowering my goal to 'lose 1lb a week' make me put on weight? Even though I'm eating 1200 cals, I don't think I'm going to lose 2lbs a week so I'm starting to think it may be better to just lose 1lb a week instead. Don't get me wrong I know I could do it if I had to and I think I would find it hard to up my calories as I would get worried I would stop seeing results.

What do you guys reckon?

Thank you.

Replies

• Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    It won't make you put on weight. You will just have a smaller deficit which works out better for some people. If your goal is only to lose 18lbs, then 2lbs a week is too high.
  • Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I think you should lower your goal to one pound a week if it is hard for you to keep at your 1200 cals a day. If you only want to lose 18 pounds I do think that 2 pounds per week is a little to high. But it is completely up to you and what's right for your body. You will definitely not gain weight, because many people on here are losing weight on one pound a week (including me). You just have to decide what will be best for you in the long run for your weight loss. Good luck!
  • BrownSkinBeauty1990
    BrownSkinBeauty1990 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thank you :happy:

I've lowered it to '1.5lbs a week' so it's sort of half way. I think I will find this way a little easier! x
  • Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Yeah I think that's the best way....just mess around with it until u find something u are comfortable with and can be successful at