Losing focus....

Options
CMH24
CMH24 Posts: 101 Member
I think I need some encouragement getting back on track! My husband leave for his deployment in about 2 1/2 weeks and I've kind of lost focus. We bought an elliptical with some of our tax refund a couple months ago but I haven't used it in weeks. I'm not necessarily eating the WRONG things, I'm just eating too much. Maybe I need more protein? I'm snacking all day long it seems. I know it will be easier to focus on eating healthier and working out again once the storm has calmed after he leaves, but I would like to get back at it NOW and not wait..... Any advice/encouragement would be wonderful!

TIA <3

Replies

• marrtini
    marrtini Posts: 75
    Options
    Sounds to me like you are stressed. I think when you find yourself wanting to mindlessly snack, try a glass of water first, try to find something else to do, spend some time together and go for walk or something.
    It sounds, easy I know, but when I am feeling stressed, I eat mindlessly all day(by mindlessly I mean too much and usually of the wrong things). I find that switching my focus like walking or reading or a movie or doing laundry or crocheting or something helps me shift my focus. I also when I "feel hungry" start with a glass of water and then if I am still hungry for what I want in 10 or 20 minutes I eat it.
    I dont' know if it helps, but don't be too hard on yourself, its a stressful time, keep your chin up and do your best.
    Good luck :)
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I say look at your ticker and see how close you are to your goal. :-) That's amazing!!