Whole Wheat Pumpkin Protein Pancakes

Options
I saw someone asking about easy breakfast recipes and thought I would share this. I've been tweeking it from the regular waffle recipe in the Betty Crocker cookbook. This makes 20 waffles in my waffle iron (not a belguim one) and I freeze them in small batches so that I can take them out and warm them up in the toaster oven in the morning. They are great with berries and cool whip! Sometime I just eat it plain on my way out the door. Hope you enjoy!

1 3/4 cup vanilla protein powder I used muscle milk (4 scoops)
2 1/8 cup whole wheat flour
2 tblsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 whole eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
2 3/4 cup fat free milk
cinnamon to taste

Combine all dry ingredients then blend in all wet ingredients. My waffle iron makes thin waffles so I use 1/2 cup measuring cup (not quite full) to pour in the waffle maker. Makes 20 waffles in my iron. I am at high altitude so you may have to increase or decrease flour a tad bit at lower altitude.

nutritional info for one waffle determined here on MFP
Calories 152 Carbs 13 Fat 7 Protein 10

Replies

• BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! Thank you!
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Bump!! I've been looking for recipes that include pumpkin - this is perfect!! Thanks!
  • _Amy_Budd
    _Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Those sound delicious - thank you for sharing!

Question: Is the nutritional information for the entire recipe? Or a serving size? And if so, how many serving sizes does the recipe make? Thanks! :)
  • evanness
    evanness Posts: 25
    Options
    Wow, sounds GREAT! I'm writing it down to try for breakfast tomorrow! Thanks for sharing it! :)
  • liveinbliss
    liveinbliss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Those sound delicious - thank you for sharing!

Question: Is the nutritional information for the entire recipe? Or a serving size? And if so, how many serving sizes does the recipe make? Thanks! :)

It's for one waffle...The recipe makes 20 waffles in my iron but it may vary with yours.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness sounds so yummy! Thanks you :D
  • adhillman01
    adhillman01 Posts: 206
    Options
    I want this! Bump.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I will definitely be trying these!