HELP!!!

Options
The last 2 weeks I have gained a total of 4.1 pounds!!!! I'm doing my workouts, staying under my calories and eating right. I gained 2.5 last week and 1.6 this week!! Feeling very discouraged I thought the scale was supposed to go down NOT up :( My food diary is open to anyone that has suggestions or comments. I do 30 minutes of cardio at the gym 2-3 times per week and I eat back most of my exercise calories. For all the ladies out there I think TOM might be coming but I have never gained this much before!!! Please help I need some support am I doing something wrong??

Replies

• mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I went thru the same thing babe for almost 1 solid month.. I was advised to change my diet up, to shock my metabolism...
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Looking at your food I see a lot of processed foods and meal replacements. While these are convenient they are really not good for you or weight loss. You need to eat fresh fruits, veggies and lean protein. Try making your dinner fresh instead of packaged stuff. Grill some chicken and have a big green salad or bake some fish and roast some veggies. You are also eating a lot of sugar. While you are under on calories you are often a big high on hollow carbs. Good luck.
  • Brystoe
    Brystoe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree, you are eating too much processed foods and carbs and not enough protein. You should eat every 3 hours but smaller amounts. Also try not to eat dinner to late and eat more of your calories earlier in the day instead of at dinner. Also you are so under your calories your body might think it is starving and then your metabolism slows down. Also might want to add in some strength training because a pound of muscle burns more calories than a pound of fat. Keep it up and stick with it, the scale will go down eventually.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Are you using a food scale to measure everything you eat? Most people grossly under-estimate food portions/servings.

Are you using a heart rate monitor to accurately measure the calories burned from exerise? MFP's exercise database is flawed and many MFPers claim it over-estimates calorie burn. If you are using a HRM, are you subtracting the number of calories you would have burned any way, without exercising?

You are not consistent in logging, often skipping days entirely. During the past 2 weeks when you did log, you sometimes went over on calories.

On the days when you did exercise, you often did not eat back most of your exercise calories.

There were days when you were sick and didn't come close to eating the bare minimum (for women) of 1,200 net calories.

You're eating way too much processed food. When operating at a calorie deficit you need to eat fresh fruit, veggies, lean protein and whole grains. Proper nutrition is essential otherwise your body will hold onto every last bit of stored fat.

Consistency is key and you're lacking this on several fronts. Your metabolism is saying, "what the heck is going on?" Get consistent. Be honest with yourself. Have patience. You can do it!
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Options
    You have gotten a lot of good advice so far! And I do agree, I think you should try eating more fresh foods and less processed, though you diary didn't look that bad.

And, I know it sounds crazy, but have you considered increasing your calorie intake? Surprisingly, you really can lose weight by eating more food. Change your activity level (if it is set at sedentary, move it to lightly active or active) OR decrease your weight loss target (instead of 2lbs per week, make it 1 or 1.5). Increase your water, try to decrease your sodium. Keep at it, the weight WILL come off!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I went through your journal. First off you need to eat breakfast every day. second. I don't think you are eating enough. You should be eating and at least your 1200 calories.