Calories gained by exercising?

I have found that I have a couple hundred calories left over at the end of the day because I have burned so many calories. Do I really need to use up those calories or is it ok if I just skip it? I'm not hungry and don't want to eat just for the sake of eating.

Replies

• I have found that I have a couple hundred calories left over at the end of the day because I have burned so many calories. Do I really need to use up those calories or is it ok if I just skip it? I'm not hungry and don't want to eat just for the sake of eating.
  • Paeonia
    Paeonia Posts: 161
    If you're not hungry, don't force yourself to eat...the calories are just a guideline, the important thing is not to go more than 50% under (starvation mode), and don't go too much over for the obvious reasons.
  • Skip it, your body will let you know if you need to eat those remaining calories. Your stomach will shrink too if you are eating less making you less hungry than you use to be.:happy:
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    They're right, listen to your body. I wouldn't worry too much about the calories burned from exercise, unless you start to feel tired & sluggish, then you may need to add more cals.

I never take into account the calories burned from exercise. I am working with a trainer & she has me on 1500 cals a day for 2 days, then 200 for the third. It's working for me as I lost 13 lbs in 1 month doing not only this but also exercising a lot more than I had been.

Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    SG, please tell me you meant "2000". I'm scared.
  • Paeonia
    Paeonia Posts: 161
    Hehe I'm sure it was 2000. I use more than 200 in my cup of coffee in the morning :noway:
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Yes, I meant 2000. Sorry about that. :blushing:
  • charley078
    charley078 Posts: 48 Member
    ok, I have asked this same question many times, and what I was taught that if you do not replenish ur nutrients that you lost from working out, u can send ur body into a tailspin, it will put you in starvation mode and start feeding off ur own body fat to hold it over, then when u do eat, one of 2 things can happen, u pig out & eat absolutley in sight, or u don't eat and cause ur self to become nauses and basically trick ur body into thinking it's not hungry, the sad part is that this is a common start to peoplewho at a later time become anorexic.... even if you feel like ur not hungry, try to eat just an apple ( which helps with ur hydration), oranges or grapefruits or bell peppers ( which are all high in vitamin C, help with hydration and have loads of other vitamins & nutrients ur body requires) or drink 100 % juice ( I found NAKED to be great) or a V-8, these tend to be a little thicker and help fill the void....