need some encouragement and some help

Options
Hey everyone,
I started MFP last Tuesday and I weighed this a.m I was 2 pounds heavy. I usually workout 4 to 5 times per week however this past week I was sick with allergies and an eye infection (from sinus). I think that I have eaten relatively healthy but also I have been eatin 1300 calories per day (or however it is directed). I need some guidance and motivation everonr! Please help!

Replies

• dixiechicdana
    Options
    Possibly water weight. Fluctuations are common...don't worry.
  • lnosgood
    lnosgood Posts: 92
    Options
    No worries... if you are anything like me my weight fluctuates a lot. It can vary up to 4 lbs in a single day. 2 lbs isn't much so I wouldn't worry. It could be something as simple as muscle gain. Just pay attention to your measurements. As long as those are still going down then you're good. =)
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Stay encouraged! You have a great mindset and determination to succeed. When you're forced to take a break from exercising, your body could be losing muscle that you've been building with exercise. Weird how it takes a world of effort to build muscle and lose fat, then the moment we cease activity, it slides back! No worries - you'll be back on the burning track in no time!
  • Jentorres8814
    Jentorres8814 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    http://caloriecount.about.com/sick-make-gain-weight-ft4014

This is a link I found. It seems pretty common cause your body holds onto fluids while its sick...kinda like bloating. Hope this helps :flowerforyou:
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating your 50-60 grams of protein and drinking your water. It is not uncommon to have weight fluctuations especcially when you are not feeling well. And don't forget that hormonal changes will cause weight gain. Don't get discouraged. Just monitor you foods, don't weight yourself daily....only once or twice a week at most. And most important, we are here for encouragement and support.
  • kriswigg
    kriswigg Posts: 95
    Options
    It seems pretty common cause your body holds onto fluids while its sick...kinda like bloating. Hope this helps :flowerforyou:

I was going to say that I thought maybe the above was the case. Especially if you are sick, not moving around much. I bet once you feel better and get back to your regular fitness routine, that comes right of, and then some!
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    drink plenty of water and watch your sodium intake. If you were taking sinus meds they can cause water retention as most of them contain high amounts of sodium (used to flush out the sinuses) so that could also be part of the issue.
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Always gain when I'm Ill. Put on 5 lb when I had a tooth abscess but it came off along with 3 more when I got better. I take solpadeine when I have pain and that makes everything a bit sluggish if u get my drift! I had pulled muscles this week and took some and I was looking like no loss but by this morning I'd dropped 3 lb
  • AmbitiousGirl515
    AmbitiousGirl515 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I feel lighter and prior to joing MFP I had already lost 10 pounds. Feel free to look at my food diary also and tell me what you think. I don't drink sodas, and only drink orange juice in the a.m. last week I ate a lot of fish (cod and salmon)
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I feel lighter and prior to joing MFP I had already lost 10 pounds. Feel free to look at my food diary also and tell me what you think. I don't drink sodas, and only drink orange juice in the a.m. last week I ate a lot of fish (cod and salmon)

I tried to look at your food diary, but you have it marked as private so only you can look at it