Weekend Breakfast

Options
Since we are empty nesters, I rarely cook breakfast at home.. Hubby and I went to Honey Jam, owned by Portillo's.. great place for Breakfast, by the way. I had a 3-egg omelet with Turkey sausage and baby spinach with hash browns and English Muffin. I have no Idea what the nutritional value is. I DO know it was delish! Can anyone help me figure out how many calories, fat, etc I ate? ..just curious... After Breakfast we spent 5 hours on the Golf course - 18 holes.. I walked half the course... I'm good at chasing my ball... i great at hack-ball :ohwell:

Replies

• SimplyDeLish
    Options
    I'd enter the meal into my food diary, each ingredient seperate, i.e., 3 eggs; 3 oz turkey sausage, etc.. You'll have to guess on some amounts but that's as close as you can get.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,434 Member
    Options
    Do the best you can to log the ingredients in your breakfast. I always estimate high because you have no idea how they cooked stuff (oil quantities, butter, how much salt, etc.). I mostly eat at local places that don't post their nutritional data and this is what I do. Also, be careful of how many calories MFP says you burned playing golf. I'm a golfer and the numbers are quite high compared to what my HRM said the one time I wore it while I played. I also live in Florida and my course is pancake flat!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    Probably 300-500 calories for the omelette, depending if it had cheese, English muffin is 100, add for butter it jelly, you can look each ingredient up one at a time in the database and guess the best you can for amounts. Just search for turkey sausage omelette, a couple came up... sounds yummy and I'm sure you burned most of it chasing your golf ball! :laugh: