Setting mini goals

Hello everyone -

I have a little dilemma.. I am working on setting some mini goals when I meet some benchmark weights, but I am quitting my job soon to go back to school full time. I typically would set goals for "spend $$ on this after 10lbs lost, etc" but that won't be an option for awhile. Does anyone have any good motivational mini goal rewards that don't cost any money?

I appreciate your comments!

Replies

• idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Instead of spending money to go out with the girls have a girls day in and make a low cal yummy lunch for you and your girlfriends. Or if you would normally spend money on a manicure or pedicure as a reward invite your girlfriends over and do them for each other....saves money and gives you quality time with the girls!!
  • heather1945
    heather1945 Posts: 117 Member
    Try admiring your new-look body in the mirror......or get out the tape measure and checking how the numbers are getting smaller as you are getting smaller.....But, knowing yourself that you have lost extra weight should be enough for you to feel great about getting to the next goal wieght...:-)
  • hey :), my advise to you would be to put aside your change, £/$1 a week or something like that, and it'll build up, i do it all the time and i am in full time education even if its 10p or 25 cents a day thats still 70p or 175 cents a week. hope that helps.
  • HealthiHannah
    HealthiHannah Posts: 182 Member
    Instead of spending money to go out with the girls have a girls day in and make a low cal yummy lunch for you and your girlfriends. Or if you would normally spend money on a manicure or pedicure as a reward invite your girlfriends over and do them for each other....saves money and gives you quality time with the girls!!

Ahhh.... thats a great idea! Well, the lunch thing... mani/pedi seems very little girl slumber party :)
  • Tules13
    Tules13 Posts: 16
    My girlfriends and I do pedicures on each other.... you get cute toes, and a day with friends....
  • Tules13
    Tules13 Posts: 16
    The other thing I've been working on is my rewards being a walk around the block or to the park by my house, things that will still push me to be active and to learn to really enjoy that time to myself.
  • larisadixon
    larisadixon Posts: 201 Member
    how about a massage from tom, or better yet let him make you breakfast in bed and you do the same when he hits his goals, like a day of at home pampering from the other! :)
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    I don't really give myself "rewards" for mini-goals, because I'm pretty intrinsically motivated to begin with, and, to be honest, if I want something I'll give it to myself whether I've "earned" it through meeting a goal or not.

I just enjoy the feeling of accomplishment and move on...

Just another approach!