Hello!

keiley
keiley Posts: 17
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hey Everyone. I'm new... a friend had joined this site about 2 months ago and LOVED it... so I figured I would give it a try. I use to be in wicked good shape (I was a swimmer) but now I have a 'real job' and I need to readjust my life style... needless to say I am NOT in shape anymore. Any advice for a busy gal in a new city? Looking forward to a new beginning. =):bigsmile:

Replies

• keiley
    Hey Everyone. I'm new... a friend had joined this site about 2 months ago and LOVED it... so I figured I would give it a try. I use to be in wicked good shape (I was a swimmer) but now I have a 'real job' and I need to readjust my life style... needless to say I am NOT in shape anymore. Any advice for a busy gal in a new city? Looking forward to a new beginning. =):bigsmile:
  • scottc
    scottc Posts: 72
    Welcome! My success has come with faithfully logging everything, every day. I am wanting a slow and steady change, and am not expecting to move mountains of pounds in days. Good luck! MFP ROCKS!:smile:
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Welcome

I love to give tips and they are:
    1) Log it BEFORE you eat it, this can help you make wise choices :tongue:
    2) Weigh and/or measure everything, my eye was much larger than actual amounts :noway:

Wishing you much success :drinker:
  • Hey there and welcome! I know all about being busy. I work full time and I just got finished with my last class for my Masters Degree. I had class for 8 hours every day of the weekend. Sitting at work and then sitting in class all weekend was horrible. I gained 40 pounds getting my MPA. The only thing I can suggest is try walking at lunch or on your breaks. Otherwise you are stuck doing it when you get home. Which for me never seemed like an option. I'm just taking things slow now and it's working for me. Good luck:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • keiley
    same here. i am working on my PhD. and between class / working full time I have NO time / life. This week i actually started walking during lunch... but it doesn't seem to balance out all of the sitting i do. :ohwell:
  • mskatec22
    mskatec22 Posts: 138 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm new today. I found out this site from a girl on another board. Looking forward to taking off this baby weight!
    Katie
This discussion has been closed.