Sugar

Options
PeaceMe
PeaceMe Posts: 53 Member
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to cut sugar from your diet? Before exercise, I am allowed 24 grams of sugar. Its in everything! Especially things I love like marinara and salsa. I do not drink any sweet drinks, or sweets of any kind (well once in a while) and forget the diet coke cocktail :( Anyway any wisdom on this topic would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    ive been doing low sugar for a while now, I used to do less than 35gr and now I..allow myself no more than 40gr a day..most comes from milk so thats not bad..the key is to actually look at the sugar content of everything...
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Look for no sugar added, low sugar, and sugar free products. Keep an eye on the fat and sodium content though, as well as other things. Low sugar/sugar free doesn't mean healthy!

I switched from sugar to Truvia.

No sugar added ice cream - Klondike slim-a-bear has this.

Sugar free cookies - Meijer or Marsh has a huge selection.

Just be sure to check the labels of everything you eat. Look for a good marinara and salsa recipe. Buy the stuff you need and make your own without the added sugar.

I've done these things and stay under my allotted sugar almost every day so far.
  • PeaceMe
    PeaceMe Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! Very helpful!