Pounds and stones

Options
2»

Replies

• sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    well, in Canada we do pounds but kms not miles so its even more confusing at times - esp as Im English originally lol :smile:
  • JanW01
    JanW01 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm from Canada and we use a mish mash of measurements. We use pounds mostly to weigh ourselves, but Kilos is our "official" weight measurement. I think that is what they record on our driver's licence. When we drive, jog or run we use kilometres, not miles. Panties are underwear, girls underwear. Anyone older than 50 seems to use the imperial system and anyone under 50 uses metric.

Where in Canada are you? I am in Ontario and we don't have our weight on our driver's licence just height in cms. I am assuming they don't put weight on because not to many of them would be accurate. :laugh:

And I disagree with with the poster that said "Anyone older than 50 seems to use the imperial system and anyone under 50 uses metric." I am over 50 and can convert back and forth without a problem. I think the 'younger crowd' grew up with metric and therefore uses it but us 'old farts' have had to learn both ways. :wink:
  • Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I love seeing my weight loss in pounds, but my milestones are still in stones and pounds. Next one will be 3 1/2 stone (49 pounds). Although weighing under 200 pounds (no idea what that is in stones..... Will need to work it out!) is my biggest milestone I want to reach over the next few months.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I'm British so obviously I think in stones - right now I weigh 10 stone and an EIGHTH of a pound so you can imagine what a milestone that is, I'm desperate to get down to 9 stone SOMETHING!

(note for North Americans 10 stone is 140lb)