Belly dancing. Zills question

Options
*waves* So we started zills patterns today. If I thought I was uncoordinated before, I confirmed it today. I was finally able to add in hip lifts and do some basic patterns by the end.

My question is how can/should I count this into my daily movement? I'm thinking it's primarily an arm workout (until I can get used to doing it all together). I know it's not going to be a ton of calories but I still want it in there. What would be the best way to log it?

Thanks,
Bunny

Replies

• DCooley118
    Options
    The exercise database has "Music playing- drums" and since zills ARE percussion you could probably count it as that. I probably wouldn't count zill playing as a separate exercise while learning the rhythms since it's mostly finger movement. Once you start to put arm movement and torso, hip and feet in the mix then I would just count it as "belly dance."

Good luck.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Bun,
    HRM.
    Love,
    Me.
    (Save your cans for 2 trips...that should pay for some of it.)
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Hm... I dunno... google search what arm workouts are likely to burn for most people. :laugh: I know my friend is super food at dancing, and she has difficulties with zills and moves as well. Keep at it!
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I hate it when y'all are right. Money is getting saved for an HRM officially now!