Where are you from/do you live??

Options
Just wanted to see if anyone here is located in my hometown or here in Hawaii. I would love some in-person support from someone that understands where I'm coming from and my struggle.

I currently live in Kailua on Oahu and was born and raised in Salt Lake City, Utah.

TTFN!!

Replies

• cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    North Yorkshire, UK :smile:
  • travelgirl09
    travelgirl09 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm not from there, but I travel there at least 4 times a year. I'm actually heading to the island the last week of April. We will stay in Ko Olina this time. I have stayed in Kailua and I love it there, although like Waikiki, it's getting quite crowded. Feel free to friend me if you like. I hope you find somebody close to you for support! :)
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    No, but i'm vacationing there in two weeks. Can't wait. I'm from Southern California.
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I am in Pittsburgh, PA....long way away from Hawaii
  • beckyhope
    beckyhope Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I live in Roy (right near Ogden), Utah. I lived in North Salt Lake for 10 years. I'm not from the area because I was a military kid and moved all over, but let's just say I understand the area!
  • lillypimprock
    Options
    @Beckyhope - Utah is kinda nuts. It's definitely an acquired taste.

@bmacneil - Where are you staying while here?

@travelgirl09 - I like the busy-ness of Kailua with the neighborhood feel. I lived on Schofield and North Shore but I like it best in Kailua. Ko Olina is really nice but it just gets so hot all the time. I need the wind and rain here. :)

I love that there is so much to do on Oahu. Nightlife, good restaurants, hiking, watersports, camping. Lots of festivals and farmer's markets too.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Lucky!!! My family is from North Shore, but now I live in So Cal:heart:
  • lillypimprock
    Options
    I love the North Shore, just not much to do besides cruise and beach or both.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    or go to Kammies to get a shave ice :love:
  • beckyhope
    beckyhope Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    It's definitely unique!
    Let's just say I'm not part of the majority culture and look forward to moving far far away someday and never looking back! :)
  • lillypimprock
    Options
    It's definitely unique!
    Let's just say I'm not part of the majority culture and look forward to moving far far away someday and never looking back! :)

Hahahahahaha!!! Me either. I'm several thousand miles away from the oppresiveness and lovin every mile. :happy:
  • arosegeo
    arosegeo Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    SOCAL BABY!!! the heat and the desert sand! San Bernandino County!
  • AngelicaDulas
    Options
    SOCAL BABY!!! the heat and the desert sand! San Bernandino County!

Ya I'm SBCo too. I like to refer to Barstow as the *kitten* of Southern Cali! LOL I'm an Army wife, so I only have another year here! You from an airforce/army family? (noticed you're in 29Palms!! :) not far from me here!
  • jameseylefebure
    jameseylefebure Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Liverpool - UK here :)

Although I was born in Aberdeen so I'm scottish at heart (breaks out the facepaint)
  • RyanFiscus
    RyanFiscus Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    SLC, UTAH. Very jealous of all the SoCal people!
  • alheimurinn
    alheimurinn Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am from Portland, Oregon but am currently living in southern England.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    im from cali but live in miami:wink:
  • calspr
    calspr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    from shreveport lousiana living in ada oklahoma
  • jerzypeach
    jerzypeach Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Jersey Girl........... Currently defying all conventions just outside Atlanta, Georgia.
  • Gabby215
    Gabby215 Posts: 69
    Options
    I'm from Philly (and VERY proud of it!) but I have been living here in London, England for the past five years. When I first got here I could not get over how they pronounce some words (herb, aluminium, vitamin) but now they all sound normal to me - guess that, along with my English husband, means I am an honorary Brit now!