Is there any inexpensive way to get ahold of P90X? +

Options
2»

Replies

• merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Yes there's nothing wrong with re selling them as people sell a lot of things like that on ebay-as long a they aren't being sold as originals on there and that they aren't bootlegged, but you have to be careful- you don't know if they are going to be cracked or have things missing.
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    I bought my Insanity, brand new, still shrink wrapped off of Craig's List for $60. The guy who sold it had to rent out the room he was going to workout in and didn't have the space any longer. There are definitely people on CL who are legitimately selling their original purchases. You just have to be careful and mindful of who you're buying from. Ask straight-up if you're purchasing the originals, ask for proof (see if they can take a pic of their particular product - not a factory pic - with proof that it's them - have them hold up a little note with the date and time, etc.). Yes, there are risks trying to purchase, especially off of CL, but be smart about it. If you win an auction off of eBay and pay through Paypal, you have more protections though.
  • f1ashuga
    f1ashuga Posts: 4
    Options
    Im not sure if the price for p90x is comparable to insanity. They both have the same concept but insanity is more cardio and p90x is more weight training and they are by the same company. Any way, I paid $120 for mine new from beach body ordered from the infomercial. $60 is actually a pretty good deal considereing what I paid new. Just something for you to keep in mind
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to note I've cleaned up some of the posts on this topic. Remember, we cannot allow anyone to endorse illegal activity, and that includes illegal purchase of copyrighted material (piracy). Please keep this in mind when posting.

Thanks for understanding. :flowerforyou:
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to note I've cleaned up some of the posts on this topic. Remember, we cannot allow anyone to endorse illegal activity, and that includes illegal purchase of copyrighted material (piracy). Please keep this in mind when posting.

understood, but not sure why I got edited after suggesting she try Craigslist - my assumption what that she would buy a legit copy on the secondary market (as opposed to some pirated/burned version from the back of someone's trunk)
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I suggest ordering it from beachbody.com. They have an installment plan.

Wow an installment plan:noway: that seems pretty pricey.Why pay that much for something?
    Then again I might be a lil cheap lol
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    P90x is NOT expensive for ALL of the workouts that you get. Look at how much people spend on a gym, one they may never use. P90x is not really all that much when you look at what you get!
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options

understood, but not sure why I got edited after suggesting she try Craigslist - my assumption what that she would buy a legit copy on the secondary market (as opposed to some pirated/burned version from the back of someone's trunk)

Mostly because of that assumption - without the clarification to ensure authenticity and legality. But I may have been overzealous there, my apologies. :laugh: :wink:
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P90X

The wiki outlines what they do and for how long and when. It also describes the nutrition plan which can be monitored here on MFP to make sure you're in the right percentages. It also lists the suggested equipment that you can probably find cheaply on Craigslist (last I knew handweights weren't anything you could pirate).

If you don't know what a certain exercise listed is, Google it. IMHO, that *is* too much money for a simple concept (intense exercise and rotating which muscles your using at unpredictable intervals) just to be able to watch people that are in great shape easily handle a crazy workout. That being said, the wiki has a warning:

"P90X has been criticized because of its rapid pace. Because P90X users train without a personal trainer, they may increase exercise intensity (i.e. more weight/higher repetitions) faster than the body can adapt. There is a learning curve for each exercise, and increasing exercise intensity too quickly can result in injury. The lack of supervision can allow users to learn exercises with improper form, which may result in injury. The "90 day" nature of the program may encourage some users to increase exercise intensity faster than they should, in a desire to "look like Tony" after only 90 days of exercise. It has been suggested that the P90X program does not provide adequate training in these areas."

Actually paying to have the video is not a personal trainer. Use the wiki and make your own plan. Putting the research and effort in should be motivation enough to follow through.
  • swiftgirls2
    Options
    Try ebay.com or half.com. Half.com has used DVD's, music and books.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

Mostly because of that assumption - without the clarification to ensure authenticity and legality. But I may have been overzealous there, my apologies. :laugh: :wink:

no worries at all
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    A side note - I don't know your fitness level but you may want to check YouTube videos that people have posted of themselves actually doing the workouts (again, NOT illegal!) to see if it's something you could handle.
  • heatherlh83
    heatherlh83 Posts: 76 Member
    Options

Not sure why my posts were deleted, I said I bought a legitimate copy off craigslist. It's not illegal to purchase stuff secondhand...
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Looks like my post got deleted also, I just mentioned that I bought it on Ebay, it's not illegal. Maybe a little bit of 'over-moderating' going on here?