desperately wanting children

Options
I got married in September last year and my hubby and I decided we wanted kinds fairly soon given our ages.
My weight is standing in the way of me being able to have kids - I want to lose about 120lbs.
Wow to put it like that. I need to lose a whole person.
But I am motivated - I can and will do this :)

Replies

• snowbaby1492
    Options
    You go girl! Take it one day at a time. I know you can do it :)
  • NlKKA
    NlKKA Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    First, of all congrats on your marriage what a blessing. Second, you can do anything you put your mind to. I wish you God's best on your change and all the effort you will put in making this lifestyle change so that you can be blessed with children. I'd like to add you as a friend to help motivate and support you on your journey. I have 2 children of my own and I know how much of a blessing it is and I wish anyone who wants children the best because the love you give unto them and they return is amazing. Congrats in advance for a job that will be well done.
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    to be successful you'll have to

1. change your diet
    2. change your activity level

start off slow, though, so that you don't burn yourself out. you want to approach this the correct way. most people's diets and exercise routines don't work out because they don't prepare correctly for them and do them incorrectly.

it is important not to get in over your head. a lot of people push themselves too hard at the beginning and don't see a huge transformation right away and then end up back with their old habits.

also, friend some people who are motivated on this site. seeing them succeed will push you to succeed as well.

good luck.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Yep I have to lose that same person you can add me as a friend if you would like
  • Scott_R
    Scott_R Posts: 20
    Options
    You can do it ! The first step is the hardest good luck !!!!
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You can TOTALLY do this! You have come to the right place. I find when I am down and looking for food I come on here and read the success stories, they have gotten me through a lot. I may not have had as much to lose but I have lost the same weight several times. I have up days and down days but this site is amazing! I learn something new every single day.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    welcome!you can do this!!Do`nt look at the whole pic.set little goals so not to sound so overwhelming.Add some friends for support.There are lots of success stories,recipes,and support and encouragment
    Take it 1 day at a time.
    good luck
    jane
    :flowerforyou:
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I also wanted to add...TAKE PICTURES! I only have 1 and now wish I had more to compare. I hated having my picture taken but now love to see the side by side. Take a bunch and that way when you lose the weight you can do the before and after and post here of course :wink:
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I do have a picture of me 40lbs ago and me now. If I can figure out how to upload it I will stick it on my profile :)
  • treadingpurple
    Options
    I am the same exact way. When I went in for a pre-pregnanchy consultation in December of last year, the OB/GYN told me that I was pretty healthy except for my weight. She said that if I wanted to have a healthy pregnancy, I needed to lose weight. After getting depressed over the fact that I still didn't have a child, I decided to buckle down and get healthy. My goal is to get down to 200 pounds by December of this year and to lose even more weight, so that after I graduate college and have a job, I will be able to be healthy enough to have a child.

I realize how upsetting it can be not to have a baby in your arms. I don't know how many times I have cried while watching shows on TV where mom's are having babies or seeing new moms at the store, because I don't have that yet. But, like my friend told me, if I keep up my healthy lifestyle and keep a positive attitude, my goal will be achieved.
  • allimax2002
    allimax2002 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Ditto to the main post and the one above this. I'm in the same boat with you ladies. WE CAN DO THIS!! :-)
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Good luck to all of you trying to lose weight to have children! I've got 3 and they're my motivation to losing the 100 lbs I'm aiming for. I quit smoking for them and now I'm determined to lose weight so I can play with them easier and live longer.