Possible results??

Options
i am 150 lbs, and 5'4''.... i have 131 days to workout as hard as possible and eat healthy.. im going to run a half marathon and do 2 bootcamps as well as golf everyday. I havent started my weight loss journey yet, but what kind of results should i expect? whats a goal (pounds to lose)?

Replies

• ftoddw
    ftoddw Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You can loose 2 to 3 pounds of fat per week if you eat right an exercise right. You will probably also put on some muscle mass, which in turn, increases your metabolism and helps continue to burn fat. You can drop three or five times as much weight (10-15 lbs) in the first week or two, but that's usually just water weight from the additional perspiration and healthier eating. So, not knowing what your current percentage of body fat and lean muscle mass is, I would guess in a 131 days (almost 19 weeks) you could add 7-10 lbs of muscle (a must), drop a bunch of water at first, hit a couple of plateaus maybe a struggle hear and there (be realistic - Miss golf everyday, half-marathon and multiple boot camp) and end up loosing 20-30 pounds, net, and look and feel great.
  • coop644c
    coop644c Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i would agree 20 to 30 pounds maybe a few more. i lost 31 pounds since jan. 6th. start weight 206 current weight 175.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Your goal (GW4 in your signature) is only 20 lbs from where you are, should be doable in that time frame, even if you stall a couple times, as you get closer last 15 lbs or so I'd start thinking of increasing closer to maintenance calories for your daily intake to get used to it rather than getting to the goal and suddenly having an extra 1000 calories a day to find how to fit in.
  • JennaLee1486
    JennaLee1486 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've lost 12 pounds in one month. It depends on how much you need to lose and how realistic your goal weight is according to your height. If you are 5ft. 10in. and want to weigh 110 and currently weigh 130, you are not going to lose much! But, just make sure you eat enough with all that exercise, you don't want to be under 1200 calories or you put yourself in starvation mode and GAIN weight (trust me, done it!). I would say if you are doing everything right and your goals are reasonalble 15-20 pounds?
  • JennaLee1486
    JennaLee1486 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Ok I just looked at your height and current weight.... you are an inch taller than me but your current weight is exactly what my starting weight was! So expect to lose 12 pounds in one month for sure! =)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!