MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Options

Replies

• newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I will keep on ya!!! LOL :flowerforyou: How are you doing so far today?

What are everyone's goals for TODAY?

My goal today is to drink 10 glasses of water (I'm at 6 and it's 11:30am!), walk during lunch (20 mins) AND do aerobics tonight (20 mins).

My goal for today was to get over 8 glasses of water (been slacking on that) and to stay under calories. Made both! WOOHOO!
  • newdaydawning79
    Options
    Welcome to all the newcomers to this thread! I promise you'll love it here! We're quite the bunch. :D

Every lifestyle change has its moments and I can admit I had a week of reverting back to old habits and saw the scale reflect it. I'm reversing that trend this week! I'm making my own smoothies every morning for breakfast, found some DELICIOUS Healthy Choice meals for quick grabs for lunch and I have a ton of recipes to try once I actually get motivated and cook! It's going to be a great week!
  • newdaydawning79
    Options
    :angry: Fell off the wagon in a big way today!:angry:
    :angry: :grumble: :sad: :brokenheart: :sad: :angry:
    Haven't had soda in quite awhile but today drank a bunch and ate fastfood for 2 meals basicly full days calories over lunch.
    And to top it off no exercise:noway: :grumble: :noway: :grumble:
    Well tomorrow is a new day!

Tomorrow IS a new day! We all have those moments!! Just vow to get back in the swing of things tomorrow!
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Well, I didn't meet any of my goals last week. But, I'm going to give it another shot. Here are my goals for this week:

1. Do at least 30 minutes of exercise each day from today until Monday (probably walking).
    2. Do at least 2 homework assignments a day from today until Monday (finished a 12 page paper yesterday! I count that as two).
    3. Stay at or below 1800 calories/30 exchanges every day until Monday (stuck to it yesterday).
    4. Lose 2 pounds this week by Monday (I'm at 161.2 right now, so that would put me at 159.2).

I would say stay away from junk food again, but that just seems so broad a category to me, and I don't know what the week is going to bring. In any case, I've got 4 goals, not set too high I think I can do it this week!
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    2 miles over lunch for 40 mins of relaxing workout. Outdoor track is so quiet and the birds are so happy that spring has arrived. :flowerforyou:

Adjusted my goals for calories consumed and burned based on my history with BodyMedia Fit armband and it raised the overage for Sunday. Posted updates in my signature, but yesterday helped make up for my bad day Sunday.
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    80/175... if I am feeling adventurous tonight, I might add some more.
  • crazyquilter36
    Options
    It is so nice to get outside and walk in this warm weather. I am at 130/420. Hope everyone is having a wonderful week =)
  • savvynurse
    savvynurse Posts: 292
    Options
    Got in 89 mins tonight for a total of 185/240. Need to adjust that to 400 mins for this week. Have figured out I need to work out twice a day to get my rear end in gear..... so its gonna be once in the AM and once in the PM
  • newdaydawning79
    Options
    Under cals again yesterday, and got my water in. Two days down, 5 to go!

1.6 lbs until I hit my mini-goal!
  • SuzMac1981
    Options
    LOOK AT THE NUMBERS WE ARE PUTTING UP!!!!
    One week goals are WORKING!!!!

Great job everyone! Keep up the amazing work!!! I see some fabulous numbers on those tickers!!!!
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Bump for when I'm able to get back on here more regularly.

Keep up the great work everyone!!!!!
  • SuzMac1981
    Options
    Wednesday night check-in:
    100/175
    Good night!
  • KrisPage
    Options
    well 52 mins tonight of wii active 30 day challenge and 6 week challenge burned 279 calories
  • savvynurse
    savvynurse Posts: 292
    Options
    85 mins yesterday for a total of 270/400, Still need to kick up the water. Will try that for my goal for today,. Get in at least 10 glasses. Will check in tonight
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Okay...not doing so good on my goals...how can I get more motivation?
  • SuzMac1981
    Options
    My motivation is my daughter, my extremely supportive friends on this site, and when the beautiful weather arrives. I am finally able to breathe when I walk... that motivates me to want to walk MORE... the birds chirping and the sun on my face motivates me to want to walk outdoors... my daughter who needs a mom motivates me.... she won't have me if I am dead of a heart attack.

Sometimes you have to look to find your motivation... but it will come to you!

Friend some of us on here... I honestly could not have motivated myself to do this alone. I need my MFP friends and they need me in return. Feel free to request me and I will do everything I can to support you!

Dig deep... you can do this!!!! I have faith in you!
  • SuzMac1981
    Options
    MY GOAL FOR TODAY: Walk outside at lunch time!!!! The sun is shining and I could use some fresh air. Today has been a brutal day so far and the old me would have chowed down at lunch. Instead I am going to expend that energy on something useful and walk off my frustration rather than eat it!

Have a good day everyone!
  • KrisPage
    Options
    I am right there with you Suz I love getting out and walking now instead of shoveling food in over lunch.

Today 2 miles over lunch 42 mins and 293 calories burned. YEAH!!
  • SuzMac1981
    Options
    Kris, if I had longer than a half hour lunch, I'd be able to walk more! I can only get 20 minutes in (on a nice day) then run back to my desk and eat lunch quickly before the patients starting showing up again!

Off for an after dinner walk with my daughter... I think I might add 20 MORE minutes on - I LOVE SPRING EVENINGS!!!!
  • SuzMac1981
    Options
    140/175!