mad or complimented????

Options
2»

Replies

• shellgib
    shellgib Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    if it doesn't have a chest strap to relay your hr continuously then you have to frequently check your hr with your fingertips throughout the workout. did you do that?
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    wet the band????? it's the watch one - I just asked him and he said he put in all my stats 4'11" 30 yr old female 127lbs

If it is just a watch one with no chest strap I would take it back. The chest strap ones are much more accurate. Plus this one clearly is not working right.
  • crjugrl
    crjugrl Posts: 172
    Options
    I'd be interested to know this as well, although it seems like that's an awfully low number. I gained 4 pounds in the first 10 days of the 30 Day Shred. Not very happy, to say the least.

Your muscles are probably just retaining water. Keep it up and you will see results. :happy:

Ha, I wish they would spit it out. I just want to lose this weight and see these numbers go down lol. I'm not giving up. That doesn't help anything either. I just hope the results will start to come sooner rather than later :smile:
  • shug458
    shug458 Posts: 99
    Options
    no I didn't touch the HR part - now when I was sititng down doing nothing at all it said my HR was 86 - isn't that awfully low?
  • shug458
    Options
    unfortuantly I can't afford the more expensive HRM - :(
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    no I didn't touch the HR part - now when I was sititng down doing nothing at all it said my HR was 86 - isn't that awfully low?

No, that's a normal resting heart rate.
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    86, no that is somewhat normal. A resting heart rate should be between 60 - 80. Some very fit athletes have resting HR around 45 - 60.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    unfortuantly I can't afford the more expensive HRM - :(

take it back and save up. Better to wait till you can, than try to work with crap.

You can get a Polar F4 on Amazon for 60. I have that one and the FT7 (90 bucks) but I don't use either since I got the BodyMediaFit, which counts your calorie expenditure round the clock, and tracks your steps, your activity level, and even your sleep quality. I highly recommend them!
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to get personal but are you on prescribed beta blockers? These meds keep your heart rate artifically low and cause your calorie burn to be very low. At least this has been my experience.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options

you just solvd your problem... i have one of those cheaper hrms and i pretty much just touch the monitor everytime an exercise changes or if i feel my intensity changing and its worked for me..
  • kam81
    kam81 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Naaa- my resting HR is usually around 74
  • shug458
    Options
    no beta blockers for me - thats not too personal LOL no worries
  • shug458
    Options

you just solvd your problem... i have one of those cheaper hrms and i pretty much just touch the monitor everytime an exercise changes or if i feel my intensity changing and its worked for me..
  • shug458
    Options
    so everytime I change the exercise I should touch the part of the watch where it give the heart rate??? hmmmm never thought of that - If I can walk today LOL I will try it tonight
  • shellgib
    shellgib Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    so everytime I change the exercise I should touch the part of the watch where it give the heart rate??? hmmmm never thought of that - If I can walk today LOL I will try it tonight

with the 30 ds....everytime you change thru the "3-2-1"s of each circuit you should check your hr. My resting HR is about 50, when I am doing strength training it is usually bw 110-120, during the cardio it gets up to 160-200, and abs it goes back down to 90-110. so a quick hr update on your watch at the beginning and end of each of those during each circuit should help it be more accurate.

that being said....i found a hrm with chest strap for $35. probably not much more than the watch you have and i think it was on walmart.com. it's an oregon scientific, nothing too fancy, but at least i'm not constantly checking my hr manually during the workouts. and it's pretty accurate, b/c i also had a bodybugg and it matched up pretty close.

and also, for what it's worth...i am 5'4", weigh 127 now and only burn about 110 cals doing any of the levels of the shred. my average burn for any 60 mins of interval workouts is about 230. not as much as alot of ppl i see on here. and def. not as much as the database estimates.

HTH :flowerforyou:
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    return it and get one with a chest band. There is no way you only burned 32 calories. You burn more then that just sitting for 27 minutes.
    I have the polar FT4. I burn aprox 300 calories during 30 ds and my friend, who is 40 lbs lighter then me burned 280.