Another Newbie!

Options
Aileen46
Aileen46 Posts: 176 Member
Hi there,

My sister mentioned this site to me awhile ago but I didn't bother looking into it at that time as I've been off work on disability with a back problem. Basically, for the last 6 months I've been in pain and have been feeling sorry for myself so diet and exercise have not been important to me.

Now that I'm starting to get some mobility back, I'm very excited to get going on some fitness and weight loss.

This website is great for tracking your food intake and also how much exercise you do.

I'm looking forward to losing around 25 to 30 pounds over the next number of months and I really think tracking it here is going to help.

Today was the first day and so far I'm over by about 100 calories. Not too bad, but the day isn't over! :)

I really enjoy how this site takes alot of the guessing out of keeping track!!

Replies

• Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey!!!
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Great to 'see' you here on MFP
    Wonderful information from this site. It is great to keep track of calories and also the 'motivation' of exercising.
    Welcome, Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • sheetsofheaven
    sheetsofheaven Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP!!! Getting started after an injury can be very difficult....I have had several surgeries over the past 5 years two of them on my neck. I cant tell you it is going to be easy, but once you get started and begin to get stronger you will begin to feel so much better. Strengthening my core muscles was the key to a speedy recovery for me. You should talk to a trainer before you take on any type of excersise routine just to make sure you don't cause further injury to yourself. Getting into shape is hard enough without adding the complication of a spinal injury.....I wish you the best of luck!
  • Ladyap28
    Ladyap28 Posts: 43
    Options
    hi, and welcome.

best of luck on your journey:smile:
  • FinMcK
    FinMcK Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I agree with sheetsof heaven's advice that you need to find a good trainer who knows how to work with you. My trainer is amazing and I know I would not have been able to get where I am on my own. It has taken me a year to lose 28 pounds, but the fat is being replaced with muscle and I'm toning up instead of saggin' and baggin'! Quick weight loss is not the best route, in my humble opinion--especially when you have 56-year-old skin! Blessings to you as you change your life! You are SO worth it!