Nutrition App that doesn't need Internet connection?

Options
Hi all -

On Wednesday I'm leaving on a 14 day cruise to Hawaii. I won't have access to the Internet, but I'd still like to keep a log of my food and calories. Does anyone know of a good app, iBook, kindle book, etc for the iPad that doesn't need to access the Internet to pull down food data? Almost like the old weight watchers points books.....

I'd appreciate any suggestions, as I'd really like to stay on track as best I can while I'm gone...

Replies

• lkkyer
    lkkyer Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You can still use the MFP app, then sync your info when you get back.
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    You can always write down what you eat and log it when you get back - or if you have a smart phone, it will work offline and then just sync when you have service. However, I'm not sure how extended the stored data is for new food look-ups. Most of what I eat is already in my diary so I just reuse it and it syncs up later.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Sweet! I didn't realize it had cached calorie values! I thought it queried a central database for each search!
  • jsmith2377
    jsmith2377 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    check the itunes store. i have one for my ipod touch that doesn't require internet access called Lose it. Not sure if it was compatible for ipad as well but it was free when I downloaded it.
    EDIT: Just checked and yep, it's compatible for ipad. Very similar to MFP.