I confess of my sin!

Options
I've spent all this time tracking my food, doing my exercises, putting money fourth towards a nice HRM,

.... but then only putting fourth a measly 3 minutes towards my prayer life, especially this Lent.

I confess to making fitness my idol, putting it before my relationship with God.

I'm sorry +

Replies

• ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Resolve to do better! He's ALWAYS waiting for you, no matter how far you step away from Him!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    must admit im guilty of the same
  • nlt518
    nlt518 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Today you prayed 3 minutes more than most people....that's a good start.

One of things that motivated, or perhaps convicted me was the verse, "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?" (I Cor. 6:19) I had not been a good steward of my body, a sin I had to confess. The wonderful thing about the confession of sin by a repentant heart is that God is faithful and just to forgive us our sin. (I John 1:9)

Diet and exercise is an important part of caring for the "temple", but it shouldn't be the main focus. Jesus wants to be the center of our lives. As my pastor often says, "Keep the main thing, the main thing!" Our Christian walk, including our prayer lives are not measure in minutes, but rather by our devotion and obedience to His will.
  • KittMahan
    KittMahan Posts: 106
    Options
    Try praying while you exercise. I do. Best time to separate from the cares of the world and focus that I know of.
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    yep, i understand. i had the same problem, so i went on a 21 day fast to build a better relationship with him.. each day i gave up something different. exercising one day, mfp the next day, etc. alternating every 7 days..
  • florange323
    florange323 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    May God continue to bless you and use you to motivate others. Your confession was both sweet and a good reminder of what is truly important. It also reminded me of my son who felt guilty for not getting Jesus a birthday gift during Christmas.=) Lots of good advise was given. I know you will find a few tips that will work for you.
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I have been guilty of the same thing..but I've been using this time now to renew my mind (Rom.12:2) and change my focus back to God and off me. Getting fit for godly reasons more than vanity. I stand in Phil 3:19. I workout and listen to Christian rap/hip hop so I can hive Him the glory in my workouts by refining His temple...I'm proud of you for admitting it. And now...moving forward! :)
  • jerzypeach
    jerzypeach Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Actually.....your ACTIONS of planning your meals, recording your progress, doing your exercise, and investing in an HRM are going to serve you much better in making it to your goal than spending time mouthing WORDS. Hope you continue to have success on your fitness journey.