Looking for support

Options
Hello all! I am a 42-year-old wife and mother of two teen-aged girls. I am at my heaviest weight (175 lbs) and am tired of feeling heavy. I need some motivation and encouragement to increase my physical activity and be more selective about the foods I eat. I am noticing health changes and want to live a healthier life. I am anxious to learn the site and possibly meet some people to visit with in my journey!

Replies

• hairspray74
    Options
    welcome, you'll love it here! add me if you like!!!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    congrats on wanting to live a healthy life! you wont regret it
  • springfling
    Options
    Hello! You are off to a good start here! I just lost my first 3 lbs in a week! I think the accountability and the online calorie counter helped me do it. It can work for you too! Add me if you like. I'm 51 and near your weight as well. Let's take the journey for better health.
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I am Pam...you can never have too many friends on this journey. I have sent you a request to be my friend.
  • anner53108
    anner53108 Posts: 103
    Options
    Welcome! You'll love it here! Feel free to add me if you'd like! :)
  • Kebennett1
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is only the beginning. The journey ahead of you will take many paths, and will sometimes be rocky, muddy, curved or have uphill climbs or downhill spirals, but there will be many more straight, wonderfully clear, wide open paths along the way! Don't get discouraged, just remember that after a bump in the road, it is always smooth! Best wishes too you!
    I am 49 years old, and have lost 39# so far. I am about 1/2 way to my goal, healthy weight!

Please feel free to add me as your friend! I am on here a lot!
  • mandycox1301
    Options
    Same here, this site is perfect for changing ur lifestyle!!! Add me if you'd like!!
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am a 42-year-old wife and mother of two teen-aged girls. I am at my heaviest weight (175 lbs) and am tired of feeling heavy. I need some motivation and encouragement to increase my physical activity and be more selective about the foods I eat. I am noticing health changes and want to live a healthier life. I am anxious to learn the site and possibly meet some people to visit with in my journey!

The very same here. This site is perfect for you...it is full of supportive people that will help you change your lifestyle. Add me as a friend if you would like
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    Hello and welcome!
  • makmyra
    makmyra Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I also am looking for support and motivation...add me...we can walk this journey together...I'll be 41 in September and its time to lose my extra 50lbs...especially now that I am seeing life's little changes in my body as we age fine like wine..lol.
  • kweir7
    kweir7 Posts: 16
    Options
    The site is great - it really keeps you honest and on track. Feel free to add me.
  • Rodneymc4
    Rodneymc4 Posts: 62
    Options
    You've come to the right place for motivation and encouragement. Welcome and lets watch the weight melt away.:smile::smile: :smile: