Starting my journey...

Options
Hi everyone. Found MFP through my iPhone apps this week. Off to a good start, hoping to keep it up!! Amazing to see how many calories the food I eat is made of... I am so thankful for the tracking journal - until I see it in firm numbers, I really don't realize how much I am eating!
Good luck to everyone else in their new path to being healthy! Wish me consistency & permanency. =-) Tara

Replies

• HealthiHannah
    HealthiHannah Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Glad you found MFP, so far it has been great for my motivation and progress! Good luck to you :)
  • laurenhelenb
    Options
    Hi Tara,

I too found MFP through iPhone apps just yesterday, and I am so far excited and motivated by the support I have received. You can do anything you set your mind to, and together we can do even better! Feel free to add me as a friend for support and motivation :)
  • ineednapkin
    ineednapkin Posts: 151
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This has been a really good tool for me! Good luck with your journey, there is a great support system here!
  • jmjones66
    jmjones66 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and good luck. Before I started MFP, it was difficult for me to understand why I'm sooo fat! I really didn't eat that much....so, I thought. Once I began MFP, I started seeing the actual calories that I was putting in my body. This made me understand "why I'm fat!" Now, I look up EVERYTHING before it goes in my mouth. I track it all. I intend to keep on this path until I reach my final destination, and beyond.
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    Hello and good luck to you as well!
  • claudiandw
    claudiandw Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!!! It is amazing how many calories you eat without thinking about it. I have lost 10 pounds just counting the calories and eating healthier. :)
  • kweir7
    kweir7 Posts: 16
    Options
    The food diary is great....so is the support. Feel free to add me as a friend.