If she could see herself the way that I do......

Options
Sunday is the wife and mine's 12th wedding anniversary. If there is one gift I would love to give her - it would be for her to see herself through my eyes for just one day. I have been hopelessly, madly (and very lustily) in love with her since the moment I met her 16 years ago. While she is not the same size today she was then, I can honestly say I am more attracted to her today than I have ever been before. When I look at my drop dead gorgeous wife, I don't see someone who has lost her fiqure - I see someone who has loved me and guided me through some of the most difficult times imaginable. I see someone who has sacrificed everything for her family, and who I know will be beside me for the rest of my life. She struggles with her self confidence because she is not the same figure today she was 16 yrs ago - I try every day to let her know how much I love her, need her, and down right just enjoy staring at her!!!! If she could see herself through my eyes, she would realize that I don't care one bit about her weight or size, I am just thankful to an Amazing God that he has blessed me with a life time with her. I am gratefull that she has found this board, and has a forum for support on her weight issues - but I do wish she could just see herself the way that I do.... wow!

Replies

• Newman4AU
    Options
    Sunday is the wife and mine's 12th wedding anniversary. If there is one gift I would love to give her - it would be for her to see herself through my eyes for just one day. I have been hopelessly, madly (and very lustily) in love with her since the moment I met her 16 years ago. While she is not the same size today she was then, I can honestly say I am more attracted to her today than I have ever been before. When I look at my drop dead gorgeous wife, I don't see someone who has lost her fiqure - I see someone who has loved me and guided me through some of the most difficult times imaginable. I see someone who has sacrificed everything for her family, and who I know will be beside me for the rest of my life. She struggles with her self confidence because she is not the same figure today she was 16 yrs ago - I try every day to let her know how much I love her, need her, and down right just enjoy staring at her!!!! If she could see herself through my eyes, she would realize that I don't care one bit about her weight or size, I am just thankful to an Amazing God that he has blessed me with a life time with her. I am gratefull that she has found this board, and has a forum for support on her weight issues - but I do wish she could just see herself the way that I do.... wow!
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Aww, so sweet! Happy Anniversary guys!

:flowerforyou:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Happy anniversary:flowerforyou: Such beautiful words for your wife, I hope you both have a wonderful day!
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Right on Newman. Manda is the absolute most beautiful person I have ever known in my life. It breaks my heart to know she has self confidence issues sometimes. I would give much for her to be able to see herself the way I see her. She is completely remarkable.

Happy anniversary my friend. :smile:
  • kleimola
    kleimola Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    OMG! If I wasn't happily married I would so ask if you have a single brother right now. LOL. You are sweet!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    For those of you who don't know, his wife is our own Bamboo! (I'm fairly certain anyway)

Happy Anniversary you two! party4.gif
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    awwwwww that is so beautiful i have a tear in my eye (and im not being sarcastic) what a guy she has to keep you on.

i wish i could see myself how others do too i have huge hang ups im now kinda smaller than i was when my hubby found me yet i feel bigger. im smaller in the sense i had a breast reduction and now after this site have finally gotten to below my weight that i was after i had my son or before i had my son (didnt put much on with him) its just now i can see my lower body below my boobs and to me its big yet before all i could see was boobs so i appeared small to me.

have a great day on Sunday and i hope you are able to find a way she can see what you are saying.
  • SkinnyMama
    SkinnyMama Posts: 146
    Options
    Just keep telling her! Although it might be hard for her to see what you see, you are blessing her every day by loving her like that:love: Happy Anniversary!!!:happy:

This is like that Geoff Moore song "If You Could See What I See". I love that song!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    So sweet
    You are both very lucky to have each other

Happy anni!
    Kim
  • dachinababe
    Options
    you are so sweet..
    happy anniversary :flowerforyou:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Oh my word, you two guys are just too sweet.

Just make sure your women know every day, in every way that you love them in as many ways possible.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    That is soooooo sweet!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    okay, that brought tears to my eyes!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy for you two...congrats!!!

hugs and wow, what a thoughtful hubby you are!!!
    Ali :flowerforyou: ....bamboo deserves it though she is special to us too!!!:heart:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    That was beautiful! You are an amazing husband.

Happy Anniversary!!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Totally not expecting to see that.

Yes, I am Newman's wife. He doesn't post much so it shocked me to see that he did.

That made me cry. I am married to THE most wonderful man in the world. He treats me like a princess, even when I don't deserve it and he loves me no matter what. He supports me in everything I do and I can say that we have been happily married for 12 years (Sunday). All that stuff he typed, that is how he is all the time. SERIOUSLY.

And now we have taken up a hobby together, getting healthy so we have many many more years together.

Thank you Newman. I love you.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    happy anniversary. :drinker: :flowerforyou:
    we just had our 31st. my dh told me that he had just told someone i was his "best friend." he never told me that before.
    again congrats.......
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
    whew!
    that's SOME husband you got there!
    I have to say, my dh is like that too, but I don't think he would actually say it to the world!
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    ((((Warm fuzzies))))

Happy Anniversary
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary:flowerforyou: That is awsome...
    could I sent my husband to where you guys are and maybe you could rub off on him a little? Open up bootcamp for husbands?
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary:flowerforyou: That is awsome...
    could I sent my husband to where you guys are and maybe you could rub off on him a little? Open up bootcamp for husbands?

I have had people ask me how I trained him. My answer is always, "he just came to me that way!"

We have two kids. Our oldest is a boy and he is ten. He runs ahead of me (and others) to open doors. When we eat out, he jumps up to throw away the trash. All of these things are things that Newman has always done and it makes me proud to know that our son has learned these things from watching his dad all these years.