I lost 2lbs in 3 days. The secret is in this post...

Options
Ive stopped eating junk especially in the evenings. Any kinda junk at any point of the day. Crisps are a no no now.

I had a bad mindset that if it was within my daily allowance i could eat what i wanted and lose weight.

WELL I WAS WRONG!

I should add this is working for me not saying it will for all xx

Replies

• Walt75
    Walt75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hmmm..guess I should give up the corn dogs huh?
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    no more McDonalds for me
  • theaimster
    Options
    That is exactly where I struggle... I think that if I am within my allowance, it is okay to goof sometimes and then I end up goofing a lot! Why is the evening SO hard??
  • longtallted
    longtallted Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with original post - my approach is to do two things. Firstly, plan and prepare healthy stuff for my day's eating and break it up into smaller portions so I can have 4 to 5 meals a day. Secondly, in the evening if I feel that evil urge to go and visit the fridge for an unnecessary snack, I'll go out for a quick walk, maybe just 20 minutes and when I get back have a large glass of water. Suddenly, no appetite or snack pangs and I sleep better too.
  • Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    Options
    I'd sometimes not have much all day just to have calories later in the evening for junk. Ive started drinking tons of water and i dont feel peckish at all now the water fills me up plenty. Just hope it can continue

Plus i'm giving up smoking so need to realise i dont need junk as i really dont wanna put on weight while giving up
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    agree with all of you! planning is KEY!! if i am really hungry but am short on calories or have recently eaten, i will drink a bottle of water. it helps!
  • SandyLee1961
    SandyLee1961 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    So agree! Plan, plan, plan. Heck - since I joined MFP (just a few days ago) - I've started planning evening tea around my count. I'll check to see what has what calorie count and figure out how much I can have. Plus, like someone else stated, I break my meals down to 5-6 per day. Just small stuff...but it's working. I really am not feeling hungry at night. And night time was my biggest downfall!! Since I gave up the "junk" at night, my weight is slowly but surely dropping! Keep up the great work!
  • Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    Options
    I can even walk down the supermarket isle with all the chocolate and rubbish and not grab something for munch later. Never thought i would ever do that. I always pick something up look at the calories and ask myself do i really want those 200 calories really do i then put them back. I feel its a major step for a junkaholic.

Well done those for banishing those evening snacks i know how difficult it is.
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    You're so right! I used to eat two packs of crisps everyday and at least one full sized chocolate bar. I cut out crisps completely which was hard. I think I've had them twice since January. Chocolate is harder, in the beginning I cut it out except once a week. Now I'm closer to goal and maintenance I have a two finger kit kat if I feel like it and don't feel bad about it.

I've also cut out the amount of restaurant food I eat. Me and hubs used to think nothing of eating out three times a week! Now it's a treat, mainly because of our daughter eating all our money, lol

But yes I agree, small changes make ALL the difference!
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options

I had a bad mindset that if it was within my daily allowance i could eat what i wanted and lose weight.

You can still eat whatever you want and lose weight but i will add that in order for us to stay within certain calorie goals we must refrain from JUNK and anything that comes in a box , cracker, chips are junk. They won't cause weight gain but they offer no nutritional benefit to your body. I HATE eating out because fast food and restaurants in general serve high calories foods. Yesterday me and my wife went to Taco Bell. We got two volcano hard shell taco's and split a cheesy bean and rice burrito which ended up with us each consuming 720 calories in one half healthy meal. Thankfully me and my spouse eat out at a max of once a week and we rarely if ever eat ANYTHING that comes in a box. We eat fresh meat, fruits and veggies 95% of the time and always have.

I eat more now that I'm losing weight then i did when i wasn't lol. 3 meals and 2 snacks every day and remain between 1500-1700 cals.
  • cowlover22
    cowlover22 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I have to say I was surpised when i saw peoples food diaries and saw all the junk food they ate. I thought everyone had basically cut that stuff out, but instead they just ate less of other things. The reason I was looking at peoples diaries was I was tring to see what healthy people eat to get a better understanding for myself..........