Healthy Town---where everyone knows your name

Options
In a few weeks, I will be leaving healthy town(my girlfriend & I apt.) where working out every day is simple & easy as sunday morning(well not really but,...) & eating right is enjoyable as a hot summer day. In healthy town there's nothing but smiles, & "YOU CAN DO IT". In healthy town, everyone eats baked chicken instead of fried & when it rains here, it rains 100% whole wheat bread which contains dietary fiber. mmmh yummy.

Now It may suprise of the location of healthy town. It happens to be the last place anyone would ever think about getting healthy. COLLEGE. Here everyone is suppose to be thin and enjoying life, while eating a big fat sloppy burger or a larger greasy pizza. Well that may be the case for everyone else, but not ME. Im here loggin my food everyday, exercising trying to undo years of big fat sloopy burgers & larger greasy pizzas. Since school is almost out, I will be leaving going back to live with my family for the summer.

The same family who wouldnt know what a BMI was if it was a member of the family. The same family who could care a meatloaf abotu whole grains. The same family who laughs as I count calories or as I only eat the suggested amount of serving size. The same family who should all be making MFP accounts. The same family who doesnt support anything but lifting chicken.

I basically said all of this to say.....Its so easy to fall right back into the same habits of saying F this, or I dont feel like working out. I refuse to!!!! I may have only loss a few pounds, but those few pounds are proof that I can do it. I can change this!!! I dont have to choose to be overweight. I can eat to live, not live to eat!! No matter if Im away from healthy town or not, its all about choices. I owe this to myself for letting myself reach a dangerous weight. I can do this, even though I may not have any support within my family. I can still do this!!

Replies

• Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Of course you can do it!!! Easy!!

Life is full of challenges and to successfully overcome these challenges we need the right resources. You have been doing fantastically in your healthy lifestyle and you know what works for you!...you have the best resources available to you (healthy eating habits/strong exercise habits & MFP) for you to carry on doing well. Stay in touch with MFP and things will be fab!

That above resources/challenges is a true developmental psychology theory! (Hendry & Kloep 2002)

Try searching it out...it's pretty interesting.

If you can do so well at college then anything else will be SIMPLE! Maybe you could pass your knowledge onto family members?

Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Nod and smile and keep doing what you're doing.
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't go so far as to say it will be easy, but just remember you have a support system here. I know that you will have people cooking for you and it will be tough to say no. My mother was out visiting me for last dec-this jan, and I put on 7lbs in two months! Ugh! Good luck with it, keep logging your foods, and feel free to add me as a friend if you want some additional help. Best of luck to you and keep us updated on your progress!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    It will be challenging of course, but the first part of success is being positive that you can do it...keep up the great work and try not to worry about offending family by saying that you want smaller portions or something different.

You always have this fab forum to help you through any tough times.

Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • Five8feelingreat
    Options
    I am the exact same way. When I am at my dorm, eating healthy and working out is just a daily routine, and so easy to follow. But when I go home, my mom makes a big dinner, my brother buys me candy and chocolate and my old friends want to go out to eat. But you can definitely do it! You have a great attitude. Just expect that it will be more challenging and stick to your guns. Do not give up!

Good luck!
  • Tootie0911
    Options
    Thank you guys!!! I am so luck to have MPF!!!!