A couple more Trader Joe's goodies (Sowwy)

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
I have found a couple of recent favs....Sorry for those that don't live near one!!!

Both in the freezer section....
1. Pasta Medley..its a blend of bowties and spinach, red bell pepper, carrots, cheese and spices. REALLY good for either a side or a main dish. It is 150 cals and 3 g fat for 1 cup. REALLY good.

2. 'Spearian Risotto....basically a risotto with asparagus. 170 cals and 4 g fat for 1 cup. Trust me, it's worth every single calorie, especially if you love risotto and asparagus like I do!

I usually have a cup of either as a side dish with either chicken sausages and veggies or last night I had bbq chicken thighs and the pasta medley. Whatever really! :)

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    I have found a couple of recent favs....Sorry for those that don't live near one!!!

Both in the freezer section....
    1. Pasta Medley..its a blend of bowties and spinach, red bell pepper, carrots, cheese and spices. REALLY good for either a side or a main dish. It is 150 cals and 3 g fat for 1 cup. REALLY good.

2. 'Spearian Risotto....basically a risotto with asparagus. 170 cals and 4 g fat for 1 cup. Trust me, it's worth every single calorie, especially if you love risotto and asparagus like I do!

I usually have a cup of either as a side dish with either chicken sausages and veggies or last night I had bbq chicken thighs and the pasta medley. Whatever really! :)
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Oh I envy you...I need to move where they have these stores!!!!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Yeah, sometimes I think of starting a Trader Joes mail-order business for all the MFP people!!! I could make a profit shopping and shipping!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    :cry: :sad: :cry: :sad: :cry:
    . . . . . .no Trader Joes in Canada.

:sad: :grumble: :sad: :grumble:
  • maggierex
    Options
    i don't live by a trader joe's anymore, so everytime i am able to get to one i load up on all kinds of stuff from there! i also love the risotto.. in fact i have 2 left in the freezer from my last trip :bigsmile:

i also LOVE these things:
    chicken patty w/4 cheese, spinach, and artichoke (200 cal/10g fat and worth it!)
    chili lemon pistachios (for when i have some extra fat/cal to use up)
    shredded bbq chicken (in cold case)
    vanilla meringues
    blueberry granola

i don't think i have ever bought anything from there that i didn't love. i miss my trader joe's :cry: i write them frequently begging them to come closer to where i live, but so far no luck:sad:
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    Love TJ's

I especially like the frozen fruit.

1 small banana (fresh)
    1/2 cup blueberries
    7 pieces mango
    1 cup pineapple bits

Throw into strong blender - blend, super thick and yummy.
    (could add juice or water, but I take my time and blend it without the added liquids)
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Still waiting for the one in Richmond to open.........:angry: one of these days...one of these days....