16th july is D day

Options
Just found out there is a family BBQ (partners side).

Bit of Background needed here i think:
The mother in law... does not really like me too much and never really accepted me. Every time there has been a family get together she always tries to take over my kids especially when they were babies with thinks like oh he needs a sleep(when i know he doesnt) oh he's hungry feed him(when i know he's not etc you get the picture. Actually his brother and his sister in law are much the same.
My partner never noticed this and wondered why i went home with the hump.

Why i never stood up for myself because i am very insecure and always thought they were better than me mainly due to some being fairly well off and them and there kids were always in designer labels etc and i was a fat frump who looked awful in anything i wore.

Well i wasnt gonna go this year as to be truthful i cant be bothered with anyone but my kids like to see their cousins etc and there is one brother i actually like and he treats me well and i want to support my partner as he has rowed with them over the last year.

So this year i WILL get this weight off (not for them but for me). I will stand tall and not sit in a corner being quiet and ill shock the frickin lot em and show i am a strong healthy confident woman who does not need their approval.

Plus i want a new killer outfit lol

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,615 Member
    Options
    We are behind you! You can do this. You are a strong, confident woman! Your new mantra! Have been in that position and it is no fun. Rmember that everyone's ++++ stinks. At least when those evil unworthy thoughts start creeping in, it will make you smile! :wink:
  • mrsjcmyles
    mrsjcmyles Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Good for u, u can do it!
  • grandmanita
    grandmanita Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Stand tall, Stand Strong. Your kids need to see that you are a mighty woman to be dealt with, and that no one has the right to make you less than what you are, a winner.... Family or not...Oh and money does not make a person any better than anyone else. You go to that family get-to-gether, hold you head high, and let them see a new you, a confident you....
  • solan43
    solan43 Posts: 5
    Options
    You go! You're going to knock her socks off!
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah! Kick a** and take names :D
    I believe you can do it, best of luck and we can't wait to see your amazing results!
  • Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    Options
    Thankyou all so much this site is a wonder for confidence builder
  • cjwolfjen
    cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    July 16th is my son's birthday he'll be 2. I also have a goal of July. I want to be 25 lbs thinner by then. It's our anniversary and I want to look better. You can do it. Just stay focused! I ate too many calories yesterday and I didn't work out. But I'm not giving up I'm starting fresh today. July is a long way away I can do this by then!