Focus on Nutrition

Options
Hi everyone! I'm new as of today. One of my friends suggested this website for me because we both have back problems and have fitness standards to maintain for the military. Well those problems mean we get less exercise as well. I'm here to monitor my nutrition habits mostly to make sure I'm maintaining the nutrients I need to still build muscle.

I started following the Slimfast 321 program just a little over a week ago, but just 3 days in I was light-headed and couldn't do my workout. Additionally, I'm finding the products have much more sugar and saturated fat than I'd prefer. I am sitting about 50% on the Slimfast diet and hopefully MFP will help me keep the rest of my calories in check!

Replies

• khodges15
    khodges15 Posts: 114
    Options
    Ohhhh i like everything about this post! Welcome! Lets be friends (maybe you could share some army workouts?!) :)
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Fad diets may allow some people to lose weight, but not maintain that weight and lifestyle over time. In order to create a healthy weight and lifestyle for yourself, it is quite simple. Just eat a wide variety of healthy foods and get enough exercise! The point of this site is to track your eating habits and allow for adjustments that need to be made (such as controlling portion size, or getting enough protein) as well as keep a record of your physical activity. You'd be surprised how much more you're supposed to eat if you follow an active lifestyle!
  • scarlettesong
    scarlettesong Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I understand that fad diets aren't a good thing. I normally would never touch them because I used to eat quite healthy. However, I have a waist measurement in 2-3 weeks that affects my fitness score and possibly my work ratings! I just wanted to be absolutely certain I was going to pass that measurement.

I actually MISS eating healthy, and I brought fresh fruits and veggies to work and no one would eat them but me. I think my biggest problem is time (I don't want to cook when I come home after working 12 hours.) and making sure I have the right balance of nutrients.