What do you listen to when you work out? Just for Fun!

Options
I often look around at the gym and wonder what everyone is listening to. I use Pandora radio on my phone. I like anything hard rock, metal, industrial. It tends to motivate me. I don't look at all the type to listen to the type of music I like. I think that why I'm always curious as to what is flowing through other peoples ears!

Replies

• teelt13
    teelt13 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Beyonce's "B-day"! Lots of up tempo songs that help my work-out go by quickly!
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Whatever stimulates some kind of emotion inside of me... I know that sounds kinda dumb, but if I'm listening to music that doesn't mean anything to me or doesn't have any impact on me, I tend to not do as good of a workout. But if I'm listening to something that makes me feel happy, sexy, angry, or whatever... I push myself just a little bit more. Right now I switch between my Linkin Park cd and the exercise list I made for myself that includes songs like E.T. by Katy Perry and Grenade by Bruno Mars. :)
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Pandora for me as well with alot of various stations from hard rock to oldies
  • mauryr
    mauryr Posts: 385
    Options
    I use Pandora as well. Listen to various artists - Donald Fagen is a favorite.
  • Jenn070608
    Jenn070608 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I was a teen in the 80' I love the 80's pop classics. I listen to my music when I am walking. Hearing it makes me remember those days and puts a smile on my face!!!
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    I'll pick an entire album I like and walk to it every night. I've found that most albums can get me 5 miles.
  • mandycox1301
    Options
    Zumba songs......Its actually quite funny to see me working out and trying to sing the Spanish music!! =)
  • khuebel
    khuebel Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm partial to Kings of Leaon, Smashing Pumpkins, Gorillaz, and about anyhting that rocks with a good solid beat.... : - )
  • ivyann73deleted
    Options
    I was a teen in the 80' I love the 80's pop classics. I listen to my music when I am walking. Hearing it makes me remember those days and puts a smile on my face!!!

Ha! Me too! Every once in awhile the 80's are totally needed. :)
  • jlprovost
    jlprovost Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    If I'm running I like to listen to hip/hop or techno, anything with a fast beat to keep me motivated. But if I'm just lifting or walking I will listen to just about anything. I'm usually that weird looking person at the gym who is always mouthing the lyrics to the songs I'm listening too.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I have like 50 different folders on my MP3 player that are so many different things that I confuse most people with my taste in music. LOL I literally have everything from country to metal to classic rock to rap, even a folder labeled Strippercise for when I'm doing my own dance workout at home. It just depends on the mood I'm in at the time as to what I play at the gym. I do use the slower stuff for weights and stretching and the faster stuff for when I'm doing cardio.
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    I listen to a very wide variety but I love anything upbeat that's from the 80's & 90's because that's the music that brings back so many funny memories for me & I can't help to be in a good mood when I listen to it. I also like Katy Perry & Lady Gaga, especially for jogging. Country music is my favorite (not so much for working out) but I'll even listen to a country song here & there when I'm working out just because it's music I like. . .even though it's not so great for jogging to. . .lol
  • Franticantics
    Options
    Oh i miss the pandora days, i used to be obsessed with it...Then they decided we couldn't use it in england :/
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    I'll pick an entire album I like and walk to it every night. I've found that most albums can get me 5 miles.

Hey I like that idea. . .I'll have to try that. . .thanks!
  • Terriwin
    Terriwin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Rhianna or Kirk Franklin. Strange, huh?
  • chattygirl2
    chattygirl2 Posts: 103
    Options
    I love listening to the the Black Eyed Peas!!
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Girl Talk!
  • GooneyAngel
    Options
    Old rock n roll.....current country (except Taylor Swift). Music I like......I can get pumped listening to the music that moves me!
  • ivyann73deleted
    Options
    Oh i miss the pandora days, i used to be obsessed with it...Then they decided we couldn't use it in england :/

Can you use Slacker Radio?
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Depends on my workout for my metabolic resistance training I listen to hard rock/metal to keep my aggressive during my workouts, my inner warrior likes the aggression and keeps me fired up. For my cardio routines anything with a good beat and some rock.