Checking in...

Options
I know I'm probably weighing myself far too often already. I signed up here and began recording my foods and exercise this past Monday. So of course I weighed myself on Monday to give me a starting point. I actually managed to stay off the scales on Tuesday, but then I weighed myself yesterday (Wednesday) and again this morning. I guess I'm just overly curious to see if this whole thing is actually working for me. I know it's working already, without even stepping on the scales, as I feel lighter in body and mind - I feel healthier and happier. And for those of you who are curious, yes, I have lost some weight too. I started out at 210 on Monday and this morning I'm at 208.8.

I suppose I'll soon keep the weigh-ins to once a week (on a Sunday or Monday morning) but I guess for now I just wanted to see some immediate progress... :laugh: Anyone else ever felt this way? How often do you check your weight progress?

Replies

• suspendedindusk03
    Options
    I know I'm probably weighing myself far too often already. I signed up here and began recording my foods and exercise this past Monday. So of course I weighed myself on Monday to give me a starting point. I actually managed to stay off the scales on Tuesday, but then I weighed myself yesterday (Wednesday) and again this morning. I guess I'm just overly curious to see if this whole thing is actually working for me. I know it's working already, without even stepping on the scales, as I feel lighter in body and mind - I feel healthier and happier. And for those of you who are curious, yes, I have lost some weight too. I started out at 210 on Monday and this morning I'm at 208.8.

I suppose I'll soon keep the weigh-ins to once a week (on a Sunday or Monday morning) but I guess for now I just wanted to see some immediate progress... :laugh: Anyone else ever felt this way? How often do you check your weight progress?
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    There are differing opinions. There is a 'challenge' going on to go something like a month between weigh ins. (Can't find the link right off hand.) And others for weekly weigh in, etc.

Personally, I weigh each morning at the same time. I take whatever is the highest weight for the last 3 times to be my "firm" weight. This is to account for daily variances due to water retention and whatever else happens.

I like the frequent checks. Some folks try to avoid 'scale obsession' by weighing infrequently. I personally don't think there is a "correct" way; it's whatever feels right for you.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    I weigh daily also at the same time each day. It has not only given me a better understanding of how my body reacts to the changes I've made but it also gives me a heads up should I need to make any adjustments to my routine. I only record my weight once a week though.:happy: