Looking for help and advice being Gluten Free

Options
We've been gluten free for a few months now and while we've done well, it's hard sometimes to be good. Anybody out there experiencing anxiety over missing bread and flour? If so friend us (my wife is hootsmamma) we can share ideas and woes. Some days I just miss fresh baked bread and while the gluten free breads help it's not the same. :-(
Anybody have a flourless bread recipe?

Replies

• sissygok
    sissygok Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've been diagnosed with Celiac Disease and have been Gluten Free for several years. I tried and threw away so many different kinds of bread it's not funny until I discovered Canyon Bakehouse breads and rolls. They are without a doubt the best GF products out there. I've tried the Raisin Bread, San Juan Bread, Hamburger rolls, Cibatta and the Cranberry crunch muffins, all very good and even my husband who can eat gluten says he cannot tell the difference. The Hamburger buns are especially good. I can buy them at Whole Foods but I also order from them online...www.canyonbakehouse.com All these bakegoods are in MFP food database too.
  • megano_d
    megano_d Posts: 37
    Options
    I was gluten free for a couple years (misdiagnosed as Celiac) and while I dont have a good bread recipe, I have to say that Pamela's gluten free baking mix made amazing waffles. And Tinkyada's gluten free pasta is the best, hands down.
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    Find anything Udi's brand - it's like almost better than anything made with wheat or flour!!!

You can find it in the freezer section mostly - Udi's brand bagels, muffins, pizza crusts, cinnamon rolls! WHOOP!!

google it...
  • bmonahan115
    bmonahan115 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Find anything Udi's brand - it's like almost better than anything made with wheat or flour!!!

You can find it in the freezer section mostly - Udi's brand bagels, muffins, pizza crusts, cinnamon rolls! WHOOP!!

google it...

I 200% agree with this post!! after searching brand after brand after brand (and boy howdy i wasn't cheap!!) Udi's has by far been the best and closest..even without being toasted which is def new for GF breads! and their wbsite always has a printabe coupon available.
  • mariatri
    mariatri Posts: 15
    Options
    how do you get your fiber with this bread
  • bmonahan115
    Options
    how do you get your fiber with this bread

no need to worry about the fiber in the bread as long as you have a balanced enough diet with fruits/veggies, you'd be shocked hw much fiber is in simply eating a cup of raw broccoli or even sweet potato mash. as long as you have enough recipes you'll be fine. there is a mild fiber content in them 120kcals from 2 slices of Udi's Plain Loaf has 1g or 4% DRL of Fiber. which is relativly close to a regular slice of white breads fiber content. but thankfully the worlds bounty offers us plenty of fiber choices without baking!!
  • mariatri
    mariatri Posts: 15
    Options
    thanks, i would like to try it
  • bmonahan115
    Options
    thanks, i would like to try it

Udi's website actually had a $1.00 off coupon if you want to give em a try, and they also make multi-grain breads/bagels so if you really miss your multigrain sandwich you can still get the goodness as well as a pretty good fiber intake :-D
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for the ideas. We live in the boonies, so online is always nice.