Your Fitness Plan of Attack: April 11-18th

Options
Planning ahead is key to success! Sundays are the perfect time to reflect on the week coming to an end and plan for the week ahead. Each week I am going to offer an opportunity for you to share your fitness "plan of attack" for the week. Just a good habit/exercise of planning ahead. Take the time to block "time off" in your schedule for your workouts. Make your fitness mission a priority!

Here is my plan of attack for April 11-18th. (I teach fitness, so my schedule is sporadic, but these are my personal workouts, not classes I teach)

My Fitness Goal/Objective: Burn 1500-2000 Calories per day with High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)

My fitness plan of attack this week:

Monday
6-7am BodyStep

Tuesday
5:30-6:30am BodyStep
8:30-9:30am Bodyvive
9:30-10:30am Mat Pilates

Wednesday
6:00-7:00am BodyStep
8:30-9:15am Core Conditioning

Thursday
5:30-6:30am BodyStep
9:30-10:30am BodyStep
10:30-11:30am Yoga
5:30-6:30pm BodyStep

Friday

Saturday
7:00-8:00am Hatha Yoga
9:30-10:30am Step

Sunday
10:10-11:10am BodyStep
5:00-6:00pm Vinyasa Flow Yoga

Feel free to friend me if you need motivation and support on your journey to health and fitness!

Replies

• alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    My plan of attack this week is to cut back on processed food and up the amount of protein I eat.
    I'm also going to try out some healthier recipes on my family (I live with my dad, sister and neice), because it would be nice to eat dinner with them, instead of having to make my own thing.
    I'm going to be increasing the amount of exercise I do. Alternating 1 hour walk one day and then 30 work out DVD the next (The Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout), all week.
  • bellawomenswellness
    bellawomenswellness Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My plan of attack this week is to cut back on processed food and up the amount of protein I eat.
    I'm also going to try out some healthier recipes on my family (I live with my dad, sister and neice), because it would be nice to eat dinner with them, instead of having to make my own thing.
    I'm going to be increasing the amount of exercise I do. Alternating 1 hour walk one day and then 30 work out DVD the next (The Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout), all week.

Awesome! I love that you included some nutritional goals as well!!!
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    well, lucky i went shopping for what i needed to do.
    so ill stick what the diet plan is. and try to take control of my carbs, ill be doing the best i can. :)
    i need to burn at least about 2500 calories, ON top of TurboFire. :)
    sooo i thought the best one would be swimming for hours, it helps relax the muscle but still doing good workout.
    Ill be doing what TurboFire tells me to do.

with that being said, i should lose a lb by friday. more like 3 hopefully :)
  • mislove68
    mislove68 Posts: 240
    Options
    My plan this week is to burn atleast 3750 calories.

Monday:
    Jillian Micahel's Ripped in 30 lvl 2
    Gym day, 20 minutes of elliptical, strength training legs for 20 minutes, 50 minutes on treadmill doing 5-6 incline speed 3.6

Tuesday:

Wednesday:
    Gym day, 20 minutes of elliptical, strength training arms and shoulders for 20 minutes, 50 minutes on treadmill doing 5-6 incline speed 3.6

Thursday:

Friday:
    Gym day, 60 minutes on treadmill doing 5-6 incline speed 3.6

Saturday:
    rest day

Sunday:
    Jillian Micahel's Ripped in 30 lvl 3

I will also probably get 2 long walks in with my son and dogs but weather depends on that :)
  • SethLexico
    Options
    i'm doing a hybrid of p90x and insanity :D
    burn baby buuuurn.
    and yes, no more chocolate for me :/
  • bellawomenswellness
    Options
    well, lucky i went shopping for what i needed to do.
    so ill stick what the diet plan is. and try to take control of my carbs, ill be doing the best i can. :)
    i need to burn at least about 2500 calories, ON top of TurboFire. :)
    sooo i thought the best one would be swimming for hours, it helps relax the muscle but still doing good workout.
    Ill be doing what TurboFire tells me to do.

with that being said, i should lose a lb by friday. more like 3 hopefully :)

Awesome!!! I LOVE the ambition!!! I have been looking for a few other vixens whom are die hard fitness fanatics! Just remember, the scale will not always reflect the true changes in your body, so focus on the fitness and the change will come! The scale is just one tool to measure one element of the body's adaptation.
  • bellawomenswellness
    Options
    My plan this week is to burn atleast 3750 calories.

Monday:
    Gym day, 20 minutes of elliptical, strength training legs for 20 minutes, 50 minutes on treadmill doing 5-6 incline speed 3.6

Tuesday:

Wednesday:
    Gym day, 20 minutes of elliptical, strength training arms and shoulders for 20 minutes, 50 minutes on treadmill doing 5-6 incline speed 3.6

Thursday:

Friday:
    Gym day, 60 minutes on treadmill doing 5-6 incline speed 3.6

Saturday:
    rest day

Sunday:
    Jillian Micahel's Ripped in 30 lvl 3

I will also probably get 2 long walks in with my son and dogs but weather depends on that :)

LOVE it!!!!
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    Awesome!!! I LOVE the ambition!!! I have been looking for a few other vixens whom are die hard fitness fanatics! Just remember, the scale will not always reflect the true changes in your body, so focus on the fitness and the change will come! The scale is just one tool to measure one element of the body's adaptation.

thanks ill keep that in mind :) thanks so much
  • Becs25
    Becs25 Posts: 79
    Options
    Monday
    Fitness Center Elliptical, P90X Recovery Week, Run C25K

Tuesday
    Yoga or Fitness Center Elliptical, P90X Recovery Week, Run C25K (depends on what husband wants to do)

Wednesday
    Fitness Center Elliptical, P90X Recovery Week, Run C25K

Thursday
    Run C25K, Fitness Room(I'll be out of town but I know the hotel has a fitness room)

Friday
    Fitness Room, P90X Recovery Week (within an hour of getting home or I won't do it)

Saturday
    P90X Recovery Week, Fitness Center Elliptical (before I leave town again)

Sunday
    Relax Day- Stretch & Yoga, Walk Dog

If I get all this done, I know I'll be proud of myself no matter what the scale says. This will also finish up my round of P90X and I'll take measurements on Sunday (I hope)
    As far as nutrition goes, knowing that I'll be out of town for several days my focus will just be watching my calories and my late night snacking

Good luck to each of you!!
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    This past week I got in 353 minutes of exercise for a calorie burn of 3929- This week I am going to challenge myself to burn 4100 calories.
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    Wow, you guys have some intense workouts planned. I'm hoping to get to that point soon, but I have to go slow. I've injured myself before because of an overly ambitious workout schedule and it totally derailed my diet.
  • bellawomenswellness
    Options
    Wow, you guys have some intense workouts planned. I'm hoping to get to that point soon, but I have to go slow. I've injured myself before because of an overly ambitious workout schedule and it totally derailed my diet.

Great point to remember! We are all at different fitness levels with different goals! Make your plan reflect where "you" are at! I am notorious for saying in my fitness classes " this is your workout, make it you own!" Set goals you will feel good about accomplishing! When we reach our goals it builds self esteem and self confidence! Success breeds successes!
  • TLC1975
    TLC1975 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bellawomenswellness
    Options
    Bump
  • simplingrillin
    Options
    Monday- 2-3:15 running/elliptical (abs)

Tuesday- 11:15-12 The most amazing class at my gym Total Body Conditioning
    12-2:30 elliptical

Wednesday- 2- 3:15 running/elliptical (abs)

Thursday- 11:15-12 Total Body Conditioning
    12-2:30 elliptical

Friday- 12-1 yoga
    1-:245 elliptical.

Saturday- Carmen Electra strip tease disc 2( haha I know cheesy but its actually a really good workout)
    Debating on getting the jillian micheals shred.

Sunday- REST!

Exercise is easy for me, its the eating thats hard but today is my last day of my shakeology clense and so it will be easier kinda to eat better( Im a cook/ pysdo pastry chef, so there are french fries always available...and a fry cook is always willing to share. and Im constinately in sugar I think it goes in through my pores. haha :) )
  • bellawomenswellness
    Options

Saturday- Carmen Electra strip tease disc 2( haha I know cheesy but its actually a really good workout)
    Debating on getting the jillian micheals shred.

Hope you have a lover that gets to be in audience for the Carmen Electra workout! Hee Hee! FUN!!!
  • JenniCH
    JenniCH Posts: 74
    Options
    My Fitness Goal/Objective: Burn at least 500-800 cals/day from either walking, jogging, running, swimming etc.
    Continue to keep my daily sodium consumption to around 1,500-2,000 mg. Lose another 1lb by Friday (I weigh myself every Friday morning at home and usually have lost between 1/2lbs to 2.5lbs). Continue to stay positive about myself & my progress regardless of how this week goes... even though I know it'll rock!

My fitness plan of attack this week:

Monday
    Walk ---> Run/Sprint ---> Jog on Treadmill @ Gym (intervals) for about 40 minutes
    Sometime after work (as usual): Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred, Day 8 - Level 1

Tuesday
    6am - 7am: Water Aerobics
    After Work: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred, Day 9, Level 1
    Arm Routine to tone arms (been doing this about 2 months, every other day)

Wednesday
    Walk ---> Run/Sprint ---> Jog on Treadmill @ Gym (intervals) for about 40 minutes
    After work: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred, Day 10, Level 1

Thursday
    6am - 7am: Water Aerobics
    After work: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred, Day 11, Level 2
    Arm Routine

Friday
    After work: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred, Day 12, Level 2

Saturday
    Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred, Day 13, Level 2
    Arm Routine

Sunday
    Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred, Day 14, Level 2
  • flyingspatulas
    flyingspatulas Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea! Maybe if I plan it out, I'll actually stick to it. :)

Monday
    Curves Circuit, 30 mins

Tuesday
    Curves Circuit + Zumba, 60 mins

Wednesday
    Treadmill (walk), 30 mins

Thursday
    Wii Just Dance, 30 mins
    Wii Sports, 30 mins

Friday
    Curves Circuit, 30 mins

Saturday
    Treadmill (walk), 60 mins

Sunday
    Wii Just Dance, 30 mins
  • bellawomenswellness
    Options
    This is a great idea! Maybe if I plan it out, I'll actually stick to it. :)

Your chances are a lot greater! :)
  • TLC1975
    TLC1975 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Week of April 11-18th Plan of Attack: Same diet as currently in my diary....
    Total Goal 3200 Calories Burned

Monday:
    1330-1430 - Upper Body weights with trainer
    1430-1500 - Cardio Tempo Program(Elliptical and/or Stair Master)
    Aim: 500 Calorie Burn

Tuesday:
    1200-12:45 - Activation
    12:45-1330 - Cardio LIIT Program on Elliptical
    Aim: 500 Cardio Burn

Wednesday: NONE :( Out of town for work from 5am - 10pm, no room or place to work out..in the truck for 5hr drive each way)

Thursday:
    2000-2100 Cardio Kick Class (if they dont cancel again)
    AIm: 500 (won't know till I actually do this class with my HRM)

Friday:
    1330 -1430 - Activation with trainer
    1430- HIIT program on bike
    Aim: 500 Calorie burn

Saturday:
    Active Rest
    60 mins Cardio LSD (mix of Elliptical, Bike , Stairmaster)
    AIm: 300 calorie burn
    Housecleaning 120 mins - Aim 300 Calorie burn

Sunday:
    60 mins Lower Body Weights
    45 Mins Cardio - LIIT 2 Program
    45 mins Hiking on trails outside if nice.
    Aim: 700 Calorie Burn