Is this chicken still good

Options
I took out chicken from the freezer and put it in the fridge Wednesday evening. Is it still good?

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    NO. Unthawed chicken must be cooked within 2 days max. If it was bought fresh and never frozen then it is best by the expiry date but that's still < 1 week.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
  • misslyssx
    misslyssx Posts: 87
    Options
    Alright ty :)
  • sehncw99
    sehncw99 Posts: 73
    Options
    I did the same thing and waited a week before cooking it and it was fine, i had asked my dad the same thing and he said a week is perfectly fine!
  • misslyssx
    misslyssx Posts: 87
    Options
    Hmm well I guess I'm getting mixed responses, thanks as well. To be on the safe side I'm just going to toss it.
  • garysgirl719
    garysgirl719 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have always used it up to a week, as long as it is kept cold in the fridge.
  • jmyers1230
    jmyers1230 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    We've done that before. We took frozen chicken and thawed it on Sunday afternoon but didn't end up cooking it until Tuesday night. It was fine.
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    It should be fine. It will be better if it is fresher, but it should be just fine. I've thawed chicken, beef, etc. and had them in the fridge for several days without any issues. If you are unsure, give it the old smell test. If it smells odd in any way at all, just toss it. Otherwise, you'll most likely find that it is perfectly fine to eat. Five days is about my limit though. After that, it is usually gone, regardless.