Craving Sweets

Options
When you are craving real sweets, what do you eat? My biggest sweets so far are the low-calorie ice cream bars. Another is fruit with Lite Cool Whip. Need some new ideas of what you use for these cravings. Thanks much. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    fat free pudding cup and 1 gram cracker crushed on top.
  • cdelbove
    cdelbove Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    When I am craving sweets I always eat the real thing, just less of it. That way I satisfy my craving so I won't keep looking for more. My favorite treats lately are 1/6th of a dark chocolate mint bar, 14 jelly beans, or 3 maryjanes. I usually put this in my diary for dinnertime because I know I am going to want a treat after dinner when my husband raids the cookies and milk!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    dove dark chocolate promises. about 3 @ 42 calories each.
  • ndswimchick22
    ndswimchick22 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I make a berry salad!

Strawberries, blueberries and blackberries are so sweet together! :)
  • MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    One of my new favorite things is frozen grapes!!
  • Cathy92
    Cathy92 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I eat, one, 100 calorie slim fast bar. They come in different flavours. Just like a chocolate bar. If I really want a sweet treat, I'll eat two. I can still be accountable.
    Also, Jello mousse, caramel and chocolate..60 calories each and pre measured. This is working for me and I often have one of each at night.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I had a problem with sweets for a LONG time, ended up having to go cold turkey for almost 2 months before I could beat it. The more you eat of them, including artificial sweetners, the more you crave them.
    I NEVER in my life thought i would be the person who could "take them or leave them" but Im happy to say that is me now.
  • Alwaysscarred
    Options
    I hardly ever crave sweets anymore, but when I do, I brush my teeth. Nothing tastes good when the flavour of toothpaste is still on your tongue.
  • chrisallcock
    Options
    try sugar free mints, it works for me
  • kbarker69
    kbarker69 Posts: 14
    Options
    It honestly depends upon the taste I'm craving. Sometimes a Dannon Keylime Pie flavored yogurt at 80 calories will do the trick. Sometimes it must be chocolate and if that's the case, then it's part of a plain Hershey's milk chocolate bar for me. How much of it depends upon how many calories I want to use.

I don't often have cravings as I work these things into my diary often in order to avoid the cravings. Cravings always make me feel like I'm going to go over the edge and lose control. My strategy seems to be working so far! :)
  • blynnarnold
    blynnarnold Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I crave chocolate all the time. The craving never seems to go away for me. I learned its best to give in once in a while so I can avoid binging...cause I'm definitely a binge eater. I feel as long as I can eat it and still stay under my calorie goal - then what's the problem with eating it? If I do go over a little bit - then just get a little exercise in to get back under my goal. I do try to stay away from sweets cause if I'm always eating them - the cravings will never subside but if it doesn't hurt to eat them once in a while. Is that part of a "lifestyle change" anyway? Eat the foods you want within moderation.