Awesome Chicken Dish I made up!

Options
Well for starters I absolutely LOVE pineapple, so if you share that love with me, then you'll love this simple, easy and fast chicken dish! I came home from the gym and I needed something fast. As much as the Lean Cuisine's are fast and easy, they simply are just overloads in sodium and to put it bluntly, I just want to get away from the whole processed food thing.
I was craving pineapples..so instead of grilling them on skewers like I usually do with chicken. I ended up with this.

8 oz. of Tyson skinless, boneless chicken ( I already have mine sectioned off in 4 oz. bags in the freezer)
1/2 can of Dole's pineapple chunks
2 tbs. Kikkoman's Ponzu sauce
1 tbs. Gia Russa Balsamic Glaze
Pinch of each (Salt, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, McCormick Roasted Garlic and Herb)

Spray pan with Pam and put on meduim, high heat.
Place chicken in the pan, sprinkle the spices on top, flip and sprinkle more.

In a seperate bowl, combine the pineapple (with it's juice), ponzu and glaze together.

Let the chicken cook until it's 3/4 done, about 6-7 minutes.

Then, poor the pineapple mixture over it and let it simmer down for about 4 minutes.

You'll know it's ready when the mixture is almost gone and it's soaked up into the chicken.

Serves 2

I paired it with a cup of broccoli and it filled me up!!

153 cal/10g carbs/3g fat/23g protein for this awesome dish!!

[With the broccoli add 30 cal/4g carbs/0 fat/1g protein]

Hope you all enjoy!! :happy:

Replies

• jamster
    jamster Posts: 38
    Options
    Well for starters I absolutely LOVE pineapple, so if you share that love with me, then you'll love this simple, easy and fast chicken dish! I came home from the gym and I needed something fast. As much as the Lean Cuisine's are fast and easy, they simply are just overloads in sodium and to put it bluntly, I just want to get away from the whole processed food thing.
    I was craving pineapples..so instead of grilling them on skewers like I usually do with chicken. I ended up with this.

8 oz. of Tyson skinless, boneless chicken ( I already have mine sectioned off in 4 oz. bags in the freezer)
    1/2 can of Dole's pineapple chunks
    2 tbs. Kikkoman's Ponzu sauce
    1 tbs. Gia Russa Balsamic Glaze
    Pinch of each (Salt, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, McCormick Roasted Garlic and Herb)

Spray pan with Pam and put on meduim, high heat.
    Place chicken in the pan, sprinkle the spices on top, flip and sprinkle more.

In a seperate bowl, combine the pineapple (with it's juice), ponzu and glaze together.

Let the chicken cook until it's 3/4 done, about 6-7 minutes.

Then, poor the pineapple mixture over it and let it simmer down for about 4 minutes.

You'll know it's ready when the mixture is almost gone and it's soaked up into the chicken.

Serves 2

I paired it with a cup of broccoli and it filled me up!!

153 cal/10g carbs/3g fat/23g protein for this awesome dish!!

[With the broccoli add 30 cal/4g carbs/0 fat/1g protein]

Hope you all enjoy!! :happy:
  • trjrobertson
    Options
    yummmmm that sounds good..will try!:happy:
  • EllaBella
    EllaBella Posts: 140
    Options
    Sounds YUMMY!!!!!