Just had a baby 3 months ago.. check my profile pic

Options
lynnie_1
lynnie_1 Posts: 87 Member
I just had a baby 3 months ago and am starting to return to my pre - pregnancy weight. This is my second child and now have the perfect family and am finished having kids. I was just wondering if stretch marks..seen in the picture will be there forever or eventually go away??

Replies

• Anna19911
    Anna19911 Posts: 141
    Options
    Well I look like I was attacked by a tiger from stretch marks haha. Mine have faded but I highly doubt they'll go away. I heard Bio oil works well!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    they will go away..maybe not completely, but then again, maybe so..bodies are obviously different..it took me years to start losing weight, and mine are just now starting to fade..best of luck, and congrats :happy:
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones. :) mine will be around forever, unless i have surgery to remove all the extra skin.

**edited to say: congrats on the new arrival.
  • Smileychar
    Options
    Bio oil works! It defiantly softens the lines. Even on an old scar from surgery
  • Cas0529
    Cas0529 Posts: 15
    Options
    I just had a baby 6 months ago & im 7lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight. Although I too have stretch marks & im told they never go away, they just fade eventually. I hate them, although i might get skinny i will never wear a 2 piece again because of my stretch marks. There are lots of things you can do to make them look better like creams & for some tanning works but the only way to actually get rid of them is plastic surgery. I freakin hate them. ugh =/
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    Who cares about your stretch marks, they are battle wounds!!! Represent! Beside, you have a precious brand new gift in your life AND I think you look phenomenal.
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I gave birth to 3 kids within 4 1/2 years so I have stretch marks on my stomach, sides & thighs. I gave birth for the last time 8 1/2 months ago & my stretch marks have faded extremely. Make sure you use lotion everyday to keep your skin hydrated. There's this mederma lotion that is advertised to fade them but since I hardly notice mine I don't have to try it out
  • 1hotmama2b
    1hotmama2b Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    They will fade after awhile, it took about a year or two after my second one. This time around I can't lose the weight, which I have to do before the stretch marks fade. I can say that the Bio Oil has worked WONDERS on my csection scar from this last baby- so it probably would have an effect on stretch ,arks too....
  • Walt75
    Walt75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Bio oil?? What's that and where can I get some?
  • lynnie_1
    lynnie_1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    its an oil that can be found at places like walmart! thanks ladies i am going to continue using it and hope for the best
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!