need help controlling the "Girls"! One-arm-jumping-jacks no

Options
Last week while working out I got a reminder of just how much I need a good sports bra; I ended up doing one-armed-jumping-jacks! My DDD/F girls were not happy and needed to be held down. I usually don’t shop for clothing online, unless it’s a brand that I’m already familiar with, but I think I’m going to be forced to shop online for a sports bra. :/

Here’s what I’m looking for:

Underwire (…it’s the girls’ best friend and is always supportive.)

I love the girls, but they need their own space, keep ‘em separated. No uni-boob please!

I would like a bra that can protect my face and handle jumping-jacks, jogging, and Zumba, without my boobs being all up in my face trying to hurt me. (Right now I do mostly low-impact stuff that doesn’t require a lot of jumping around, but I would like the option of being able to up my work-outs without fearing the safety of my face.)

Front-closure bras have shown me that they cannot handle everyday tasks very well, so unless it has awesome references, I’m not willing to trust it with my girls in a Zumba class.

A racer-back would be nice, but not necessary.

If you have big-girls (or know someone that does) and have found a sports-bra that meets all of the above criteria then PLEASE let me know!

Thanks SO much! :)

Replies

• TiffanyDawn79
    TiffanyDawn79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have yet to find a good sports bra. So I wear 2 bras! I wear my regular underwire bra from Lane Bryant and then put my sports bra over it. But I still wont do jumping jacks lol But wearing 2 does keep the uni-boob from happening, and prevents black eyes ;). I also invested in some of the plastic bra clasps that you put your bra strap in. ( Google Bra Clips ) They really make a difference! I hope this helps a little. If you ever do find a good sports bra please let me know!
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    I found champion has good ones I use it for running kickboxing... They hold my girls:)
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I found a couple I like a lot, but my fav is the Nike Dri-fit. It fits like regular (hooks in the back) and has very comfortable adjustable straps. It's not an underwire but fits extremely snugly. I love it, still looks like I have the girls where they should be in my close fitting work out clothes, but they are locked and loaded!!! I'm not great big (currently a 34C) but used to be (reduction surgery was a miracle at age 19) so I know about the girls... they need help! I ran eight miles yesterday in this bra and the girls never yelled at me once!

Good luck! I know they are expensive (this one was $50) but SOOOO worth it!!!!
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    One of my friends has HUGE knockers, is an avid runner, and swears by this: http://www.herroom.com/Enell-100-Sports-Bra.shtml

She also says not to wear a sports bra that you can pull over your head since if it's stretchy enough to pull on over your head then it's definitely not tight enough to hold your boobs tightly enough to keep them from giving you a black eye.
  • zydratethief
    Options
    Im sorry. and i do feel for you, but i find this hilarious....lol
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Under Armor makes a good one, but I am a DD and the XL is still a little small. Forget about the over-the-head ones and the uni-boob look.
  • msenn2692
    msenn2692 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i wear a regulr bra to workout in but know what you mean. I have never found a sports bra that i like.
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Try a Royce Sports Bra also found at Herroom.com and Freshpair.com.

Title Nine Sports also carries the Frog Bra which is a pullover and VERY good but gives you the uniboob.
  • cmisty2001
    Options
    Enell sports bra. The girls will not budge:-)

38DDD and I've tried lots of different sports bras. This Enell is the most expensive bra I've ever purchased, but it fits, fastens in the front and holds 'em steady.

Not a cute sports bra so I wear something over it, but I will have time for cute when the weight is gone.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I was a DD when I started running... I used a sports bra with underwire from walmart and one of those tank tops that soak up the sweat also from walmart, but I bought it one size smaller. It has a sports bra built into it but being a little tighter they don't move. A friend of mine suggested this as I wanted to run but didn't want the girls all over the place. I literally jumped up and down in the changeroom to make sure, since I was pretty skeptical lol. And when you go out of the house if you are worried about the shirt being too tight, just put a thin t-shirt on top. thats what I did.
  • Brandie6004
    Brandie6004 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies for the help :) it looks like there are some good selections. I think now I need to narrow down by return policy; I really don't like shopping online. This is going to be hard for me... especially with as $$$ as some of them are.:huh:

I like to try on every thing and make three sections, yes, no and maybe. Then I try on my 'maybe-s' and sort them in to yes-s and no-s. Finally I try on my yes-s to be sure that I really do like them, if I end up questioning and debateing something other than the price tag then it usually ends up in the no-s. I know that's a lot to do, but it's what I do and I hardly ever end up having to return things.

I hope that I end up picking the right one!

My face, the girls, and I all thank you!

:smile:

To mr. CygnusR; It's all fun and games until somebody gets hurt! :laugh: