Body Fat Ratio

Options
I am presently 153 with a BMI of 29.9. Is it possible to lose weight and burn my fat down to an absolute minimum but healthy body fat ratio? (hope it's not a stupid question)

Replies

• sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Losing fat is 80% diet. I don't know what you mean, by and absolute minimum. A healthy range is about 15-20% for women.
  • __flexylexi
    __flexylexi Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    "athletic" women are 10-20%

"fit" women - 20-25%

"acceptable" for women is up to 30%

BMI wise? My BMI used to be like 27 which was considered overweight, but my DXA scan said I was 23% fat which is REALLY good. My legs and arms are muscular so it was like 6 and 10% fat respectively, so majority of my fat was abdominal/chest

Diet really does matter, but don't let tables and charts get to you. Even body tape stuff isn't accurate because my tape said I was 15% fat but the DXA scan is 99% accurate.

Keep eating back your calories so that you aren't starving and burning muscle, and keep exercising well like you already are, and you will burn fat and build muscle. Also try to incorporate some weight training because the more muscle you build has a direct correlation on the calories you burn

:)
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Lexi you're so awesome and knowledgeable :)